Uandiwin

For me it's the name......with a name like this.....someone is going to get screwed.....

somarco said:
Downline is the term used by UandIwin reps during the presentation(s) I have attended. Even though agents (and sub-agents) are contracted via the IMO (UandIwin) they do appear in your genealogy. You are paid thru 12 levels (believe this is correct) and as wide as you care to go.

You commissions (and those of your downline) are paid direct by the carrier. Your bonus comes from the IMO.

This is another bone of contention. How do you know the downline production (and in turn the bonus) is accurate? You can't cross check against carrier reports. You may have folks downline that are contracted with say, Golden Rule but you are not. You will be paid a bonus on their GR production but there is no way to substantiate their production at all.

You simply have to trust the IMO.

There are a lot of good reasons to sign up with UandI, but this latest issue just adds to other items mentioned above (and in other posts) weighing in against UandI.

And how are they handling chargebacks? They can bonus me all they want when my downline writes business but what happens when it's off the books? My "bonus" gets charged back? That's also a pure accounting nightmare. How are renewal overrides handled? Another accounting nightmare. And just how many levels can get overrides off renewals? Sub-agents with Assurant get 4% - you go two more levels deep and someone's getting 1% renewals? I don't get it.

I also agree with you. Far too much trust when they tell me my team did "X" amount of business and I don't have access to the report. This is a great concept.....for the company. Can't say that a single thing benefits the agent.

I find it interesting That Jen Mcdonald Is staying away from this string. She is doing plenty of defending UandIwin on the other subject that uandIwin is being discussed.

Again my issue with her is that she is using this forum to get agents to call her and attempting to get them to join UandIwin. She tried it with me.

I came to this forum 2 months ago. while I as allowing my self to be taken advantage of by NAA. UandIwin doesn't sound much different. Focus on recruiting not on selling and learning the biz.

Thanks to the help of many of you I am now completely independent, selling health and Life, assigned with a dozen carriers. Keep up the pressure all. You have saved my career by opening my eyes to Insurance MLM's.

I really never realized how easy it is to become completely independent and get leads at reasonable cost.

I have been with UandIwin for a few years I think they started about 2002 or 03. They have been reorganised in the last year. When they reorganized they took on a number of quality health, life, carriers and interest started picking up.
If you take the time to listen in on one of there trainings the make a point of telling agents that they need to write business first, We all need to eat and recruit second.
I do know of agents that have asked for and gotten a release form uandiwin. That was before the reorganasation. Since that time they have increased the street level commission to the same as every one else, So I see no need to move anywhere, But that's me,
As to the agent that was with them for several years and let go? As far as I know the only reason to let some one go is promoting another MLM group and then you would not loose your book of business because you are contracted directly with the carriers. Unless you lost your license.

Yes, it's good to see that 2 years ago Somarco and HealthAgent were still going at it, and to be reminded James was around then....

Ahh, I like old threads coming back every once in a while. Now we just need the 'Zero Premium' thread to come back for a few hundred more posts!

Dan

I just watched their videos at uandiwin.com.........can't really see anything negative there. If you want to produce and not recruit the compensation is a good as anybody.
The recruiting bonuses are there if you are interested.

Good line-up of products.

If you recruit and plan on getting overrides, be aware those bonuses belong to uandiwin. When they terminate your contract, you lose all rights to that income.

Well, I just can't let this thread die.

I attended a CE Class, sponsored by UandIWin, down in McDonough, Ga. (I came from Decatur).

Big Rah Rah session. Lunch was at a local Sushi Buffet (which was almost good enough to drive 35 miles for). The usual fast talking when they are talking commissions. They stressed, over and over and over, that the correct word to use is NOT Override, but Bonus.

Signed the sheet at the end to get my CE's (waiting to see if that will happen), and headed back up 675 to 285.

There was a great number of "new" to "not yet licensed" agents in the room. One of the speakers was from Madison National, and the other was from CUL, selling their Mini Med plan.

All in all, the sushi was good, and I had a pretty good talk with the Madison National guy during lunch. (Great sushi - better than I can get in Atlanta).

Back