UBER Responsibility?

Krm

As a former driver, I know that UBER encourages unsafe driving practices including but not limited to texting while driving and talking on the phone while driving. There are not just accidents, but injuries and death as a result of distracted UBER drivers. Is there any kind of conversation between your industry and UBER to fix this?

As a former driver, I know that UBER encourages unsafe driving practices including but not limited to texting while driving and talking on the phone while driving. There are not just accidents, but injuries and death as a result of distracted UBER drivers. Is there any kind of conversation between your industry and UBER to fix this?

Most Uber drivers probably haven't even informed their insurance company that they are using their car for business so technically they are uninsured if they are doing that. I'm making an assumption there. Could be wrong.

But you as a consumer have more influence because you can refuse to do business with Uber drivers that ignore traffic safety. If that happens often enough, they will quit driving in an unsafe manner.

This policy helps explain the kinds of behavior that may lead riders to lose access to Uber. Please remember that if you’re traveling in a group, or you allow other people to take trips with your account, you are responsible for their behavior in the car.

Back