UCT Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I have sold about 20 UCT dental, hearing and vision plans to my clients. I'm always being asked about dental coverage. I ended up taking out the plan myself for about $31 a month. I went to the dentist and was charged $75 for a cleaning and $44 for exam. In the first year of the policy UCT is supposed to pick up 60% of the bill. I just got my explanation of benefits from them and they paid $26.40 for the exam (the 60%) and they paid the full $75 for the cleaning.

I was happy to see that they didn't say, usual and customary charges are $30 for an exam and $55 for a cleaning. They used the amount that was actually charged and paid based on that. (Most plans don't seem to do this from what I've read). Also, I did notice in the brochure it would pay for one cleaning a year up to $75. UCT should clarify this. They will pay 100% up to $75. From the brochure, you would have thought 60% up to $75. Needless to say I was pleasantly suprised.

Does anyone know on the vision portion where they will pay up to $150 a year for eye exam or contacts/glasses if thats also covered at 100%? I assumed it was at 60% 1st year, but the wording is similar to the dental cleaning.

I'm glad I took the policy out, the premiums are pretty reasonable for the coverage you get. Just thought I'd pass on this information on if there's other agents out there offering this plan or looking for a good plan for their clients.

That's a horrible plan. Though all dental plans suck I pay $23/month and have free cleanings with UHC and 80% off minor work. 50% off major with waiting periods.

Humana has a good plan HI215 that is $12.99/month. $15 cleanings, co pays for minor and major work, no deductible and no waiting period
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edit: just noticed you said with hearing and vision. It still has to be better if you add it "a la cart"

Last edited:
With the plans you're talking about you usually need to see in-network providers. Which alot of seniors don't want to give up their dentist. With UCT you can go to any provider you want.

My cleaning was $75 and they paid $75...so that was at 100% Each year that I keep the plan, they pay more in benefits. 60% 1st year 70% second year, 80% 3rd year and 90% the fourth year and beyond. That's on root canals, crowns, dentures, etc. Also on hearing aids and hearing exams.

The vision benefit pays up to $150 a year. I'm going to call Monday and find out if that's at 100% coverage up to $150 or does the 60% rule apply.

I'm spending money anyways on dental and vision, might as well have a little help with the costs.

I'm not paying that much more a month than you are chazm

you're right though, most plans suck. i use to tell my clients to self insure, but when this plan came out I liked it and took it out myself. If the plan pays 100% up to $75 for a dental cleaning and 100% up to $150 for eye exams or glasses/contacts I think it makes it an even better plan. I'm too young for hearing aids, but I'm sure some seniors would also like the fact that it helps out on the cost.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to get the humana dental one preventative plus plan for my wife and kid.

It's only like $14 per person and cleanings (in network) covered day one after $50 deductible.

With the plans you're talking about you usually need to see in-network providers. Which alot of seniors don't want to give up their dentist. With UCT you can go to any provider you want.

My cleaning was $75 and they paid $75...so that was at 100% Each year that I keep the plan, they pay more in benefits. 60% 1st year 70% second year, 80% 3rd year and 90% the fourth year and beyond. That's on root canals, crowns, dentures, etc. Also on hearing aids and hearing exams.

The vision benefit pays up to $150 a year. I'm going to call Monday and find out if that's at 100% coverage up to $150 or does the 60% rule apply.

I'm spending money anyways on dental and vision, might as well have a little help with the costs.

I'm not paying that much more a month than you are chazm

you're right though, most plans suck. i use to tell my clients to self insure, but when this plan came out I liked it and took it out myself. If the plan pays 100% up to $75 for a dental cleaning and 100% up to $150 for eye exams or glasses/contacts I think it makes it an even better plan. I'm too young for hearing aids, but I'm sure some seniors would also like the fact that it helps out on the cost.

Oh, I see how it works. Yeah it does seem like a good deal
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I think I'm going to get the humana dental one preventative plus plan for my wife and kid.

It's only like $14 per person and cleanings (in network) covered day one after $50 deductible.

That ded. may be waived for a cleaning. Most are I believe

Last edited:
I compared the UCT and Medico plans. UCT offers a plan with a $0 deductible and one with a $100 deductible. Medico only offered plans with a $100 deductible. I don't know if that changed or not. That's why I went with UCT, most of my clients choose a $0 deductible

Back