UGA/MEGA Release

tommyk

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
No, I do not write for these companies, so take a deep breath....:arghh:

I am recruiting a lady to come work for me that has been working for UGA/MEGA. When I asked about her license she did not know if they release on termination of they hold it for a period of time.

Does anyone have any idea on this? I really do not want to go over and knock on the door and ask.

Thanks

Time for an intervention.........."tough love", the first thing you need to do is check her into a rehab center and start the de-programming sessions.

No, I do not write for these companies, so take a deep breath....:arghh:

I am recruiting a lady to come work for me that has been working for UGA/MEGA. When I asked about her license she did not know if they release on termination of they hold it for a period of time.

Does anyone have any idea on this? I really do not want to go over and knock on the door and ask.

Thanks
Can an insurance carrier hold onto a license? They can contractually require you to be captive, but the license belongs to the individual.

Rick

I just knew that the "Godfather of the Mississippi Delta" would just jump in with both feet. :D

After talking to her, yes she needs to be reprogrammed and all kinds of other things, but she has so much energy and just loves being on the phone. Love the phone...you go girl, start Monday.

I understand that the license belongs to the individual, but if she was captive, she does not know, then, all is well, once she leaves there is no 6 month requirement.

Thanks for the infomation, that makes it easier....:redface:

Tell Mega to go fly a kite they can not legally prevent her from seeking employment and if they do they are facing massive legal action.

She has nothing to fear - she can do whatever she wants, no problem

I hired a previous NASE / MEGA guy once, never could de-program him... nice guy but was hard to get ethical.

so sad really they think its actually insurance (MEGA RIPOFF see nasesucks.com) At least nowadays we have online resources to prove it to our clients besides diving into that 74 pg policy/ maze.

The funny thing about UGA/MEGA is that the contracts don't really hold you captive, per se. They contain a clause about "not using leads to solicit any other Insurance carrier for a period of 2 years following your last contract renewal" but nowhere does it state "You can not appoint yourselves with other companies". So, they would need to prove you used THEIR LEAD to solicit business elsewhere.

I have actually known MANY Mega reps who were licensed with nunerous other carriers and were only let go when they did something real stupid or stopped producing altogether. Hell, from what I hear 50% of the reps in the South are set up with multi-carriers!

Back