Ugg Declined after appeal following instructions

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Did a policy with Aetna, A person was declined when I called they said it was due to 2 medications That come up for major conditions But they said if I got a letter from doctor's showing they were used for dif reasons they would approve

one was ropinirole They wanted to make sure it was not parkensons, Got a letter stating it is for Restless legs syndrome

The other I forgot the name but got a letter showing it was for skin condition nothing serious

Then they declined again said can't tell me why

She went to 2 docs and pain had to physically go in to get letters and now I have to call her and tell her declined and I can't give a reason

Has this happened to others, I know If I follow the instruction with Cigna I have always got approval but I can't get a good premium for her with Cigna

Did a policy with Aetna, A person was declined when I called they said it was due to 2 medications That come up for major conditions But they said if I got a letter from doctor's showing they were used for dif reasons they would approve

one was ropinirole They wanted to make sure it was not parkensons, Got a letter stating it is for Restless legs syndrome

The other I forgot the name but got a letter showing it was for skin condition nothing serious

Then they declined again said can't tell me why

She went to 2 docs and pain had to physically go in to get letters and now I have to call her and tell her declined and I can't give a reason

Has this happened to others, I know If I follow the instruction with Cigna I have always got approval but I can't get a good premium for her with Cigna
I'd be curious to see if Union Security would take it. :laugh:

Aetna's app, Aetna's RX KO list and Aetna is the TPA . Better rates too. Wouldn't that be funny if they took it. :yes:

Equitable National uses the same health questions as Aetna, but does their own POS PHI and has a different RX list. They also say the same for Ropinirole: treatment of Parkinson’s Disease is a decline. Instant decision, so you'd know before you go(hang up).

Union Security was a new name to me for supplement coverage. Looking, I see it in KS too. Is that a brand new carrier to the supplements, or is it one of those periodic company renaming things?

edit
(I gave you a like on the post, not because I know anything about the carriers you mentioned but because it led me to some very interesting reading on imo's.)
end edit
It's owned by Assurant. :yes:

Hey! Thanks for the response.

I'd just decided I should delete the post so Vic wouldn't get after me about hijacking his thread, but I appreciate seeing your answer.
LD

All threads get derailed if they last long enough

I wouldn't get after you for that

Plus you didn't hijack the thread it was in line with the discussion

Ok had one of my FMO's call, Found out Ropinrol was excepted

The issue is tacrolimus They have for liver transplant but there is 2 forms one is pill which is for transplants but she does not take that one

The other is an ointment which is sed on the skin to treat a skin condition called eczema (atopic dermatitis) in patients who have not responded well to (or should not use) other eczemamedications.

But they don't want to hear it though

Back