UHC AARP Plan

FL INSURANCE

Expert
Im new to this forum and would like to ask a few questions regarding this plan...what I hear is that client does not have to pay a premium to get it?? if so, how come everyone doesnt just get this plan if you have to pay for the others...there has to be some sort of benefit for using plans that have premiums no?

It's not specific to the AARP marketed plan. Just research any Medicare Advantage Plans from Coventry, Humana, Today's Options, Secure Horizons etc.

They all offer zero premium plans. It's privatized Medicare. Some people love it. Some hate it. The truth is somewhere in between.

My personal opinion is that the AARP version of ANY insurance plan is usually one of the worst choices in their class. I haven't really paid any attention of their version of the Medicare Advantage plans but as a rule of thumb AARP is just dead weight.

Im new to this forum and would like to ask a few questions regarding this plan...what I hear is that client does not have to pay a premium to get it?? if so, how come everyone doesnt just get this plan if you have to pay for the others...there has to be some sort of benefit for using plans that have premiums no?

My personal opinion is that the AARP version of ANY insurance plan is usually one of the worst choices in their class. I haven't really paid any attention of their version of the Medicare Advantage plans but as a rule of thumb AARP is just dead weight.
Hate to differ with you, but just because AARP adds their name does not make a plan a bad choice.

In many places, the AARP Secure Horizons HMO plan has coverage for Rx through the donut hole (this is the case in Los Angeles County and surrounding areas). Zero copay for doctor visits. Probably the best plan among the major players.

You can't lump all MA plans into one category. Coventry may be great in KY, but is just so-so in California. Aetna is the only plan I know of that has $45 copays for Part B medication where others charge 20%, so does that make it the best plan?

The bottom line is don't let the AARP logo sway anyone one way or another. The benefits are all that matter.

(Except for WellCare. I hate that company for personal reasons).

Rick

Thank you for information, of these plans which ones are the best in Florida? Also I have heard that you need to sell these face to face? How is that possible if you buy internet leads??

Thanx again

Hi FL insurance,

Are you contracted with anyone to Sell the AARP MAPD products ? Lots of your questions are good but very basic. Depending on what part of Fl you are in and your local MAPD plans available from other Companies, the AARP products can be the best game in town or not so great.

So where in Fla are you? I am in NW FLA and I think they do as good of a job covering the seniors needs as any out there.

PM me if you get enough posts for more of my free advice.

George

P.S. this plan can be sold over the phone without ever face to face meeting the client. BUT that advice is not free!

Thank you for information, of these plans which ones are the best in Florida? Also I have heard that you need to sell these face to face? How is that possible if you buy internet leads??

Thanx again

Depends on what county in FL, and when you call on an internet lead, you set an appointment to go see them.

in other words, if i'm in south florida i cant sell to someone in north florida unless I see them??

Some companies allowed people to sell MA plans without meeting with them in person. I didn't have any that allowed that.

I just finished my Wellcare re-certification yesterday and their rule is that you must meet with the prospective enrollee in person and be present during the enrllment call. Not a 3 way call, be with the enrollee.

The companies that did allow phone or online enrollments without meeting with the person before probably won't be able to do that with the new rules.

As complicated as MA plans are and how difficult they are to explain, I, personally, wouldn't want to do one without meeting with the person.

Too bad the poster didn't get any feedback from a Florida agent - unless MandM made a comment - I wouldn't be able to see it since he made #1 on my ignore list.

FL Insurance,

You have been given some great advice and opinions.

If this is the market that you plan to get into though, check out the various threads on the new restrictions that went into effect.

I have a sister that does this and the new rules have really put some tough restrictions on her. Basically because the company she works for. One of the biggest is that she can no longer cold call a prospect.

Make sure you know the rules and get your certification (trust me your carriers will make you) because you don't want CMS crawling all over your tail.

Back