Uhc agent successor program

They have announced a plan whereby an ICA or FMO agent can assign his book of business to another agent, either upon retirement or death. Ideally, some younger family member would be the assignee. If not, any other agent in the same channel would be eligible. Anybody have thoughts or ideas about the this?

They have announced a plan whereby an ICA or FMO agent can assign his book of business to another agent, either upon retirement or death. Ideally, some younger family member would be the assignee. If not, any other agent in the same channel would be eligible. Anybody have thoughts or ideas about the this?

Yes. Agents should assign their business to me now. No need to wait until death or retirement.

You're welcome.

Rick

They have announced a plan whereby an ICA or FMO agent can assign his book of business to another agent, either upon retirement or death. Ideally, some younger family member would be the assignee. If not, any other agent in the same channel would be eligible. Anybody have thoughts or ideas about the this?[/QUOTE

At first glance, it seems like a good idea. Does the Upline lose all the renewal overrides of the written business when a downline dies? I have wondered where those renewals go when I've seen some of the agents die in the past few years.

Well, I like the sound of it. It was told to me recently by an upline that UHC is one of the most difficult when it comes to "willing" your book of business to an heir upon death, especially with MA products.

Ill inquire a bit more about this recent development and see what I can find out..

As in most of the insurance business, I would say it would be 2 - 2.5 times your yearly income from it.

I'm thinking that may be a little rich for MA business. There's a higher than normal turnover on MA business as compared to Med Supps. If somebody would give me 2.5 times on my MA book, I would seriously consider it.

I'm thinking that may be a little rich for MA business. There's a higher than normal turnover on MA business as compared to Med Supps. If somebody would give me 2.5 times on my MA book, I would seriously consider it.

It may be a regional thing because I find my MA business to have higher retention. In most cases they are locked in for the majority of the year and cant move anyway, and the low income ones dont think they can move either (forget what they'e been told)

Also they are on a zero premium plan there are very few plans they will consider switching to. "You mean I actually have to PAY??"

Also the rate increases on MA premiums are much lower than Med Supps. I think all these are factors.

Back