UHC - Care Improvement Addendum

pbbaseball

Guru
100+ Post Club
Did I read correctly that UHC is going back to online enrollments with CIP, and if a paper app is submitted, then there is an administrative fee deducted from comp?

just got the 2014 commission email 2 days ago or so.

They have always reserved that right, but never enforced it.

They probably let us slide this year while they were incorporating CIP into their systems.

Even when I enrolled online, i did the paper app to track business.

What did you think of the 42 page contract? Seems it gets longer every year, now they require min $2,000 annual commission to pay renewals. Don't ask where...don't want to read that doggone thing again.

now they require min $2,000 annual commission to pay renewals. Don't ask where...don't want to read that doggone thing again.

I read that part of the contract to mean they require $2,000 if the contract has been terminated without cause and not that you must have $2,000 in renewals. Let's face it, if they have a competitive product in your area, $2,000 shouldn't be hard to get.

5.7 Compensation Following Termination of Agreement; Vesting.

b. Upon termination of this Agreement without cause, any compensation due to Agent as set forth on the Agent Compensation Schedule in effect as of the effective termination date of this Agreement shall be vested in Agent and payable to Agent by the Company regardless of whether this Agreement is still in force at the time such compensation become due for as long as each such applicable Member remains enrolled in the Product with the Company and premiums continue to be paid by CMS and the Member, as applicable. The obligation of the Company to pay such compensation shall cease in the event that (i) Agent, at any time while such payments continue, contacts existing Members for the purpose of replacing any of the Products with a Medicare Advantage Plan, Prescription Drug Plan, Medicare Supplement Plan or other Product offered by another MA Organization, PDP Plan Sponsor, health plan or insurer (notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein above, the parties expressly acknowledge and agree that the occasional or inadvertent replacement of business is practically unavoidable and that unless such conduct is part of an intentional effort to migrate the Company’s business to a competitor of the Company, it shall not give rise to the cessation of payments provided for hereunder and furthermore, the parties hereto acknowledge and agree that the foregoing shall not apply in any instance where the Company’s services or coverage are no longer generally accepted in such Member’s geographic area), (ii) Agent, at any time while payments continue, engages in any of the conduct set forth in Section 5.4 which would have given rise to a termination for breach, or (iii) the Company’s payments to Agent as required by this Agreement are less than Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00) per year (that is, following termination of this Agreement without cause, the total amount of renewal commissions due each year to Agent for sales of all products covered under this Agreement is less than $2,000.00). This Section 5.7 shall survive termination of this Agreement.

My emphasis added.

Latest posts

Back