Uhc Commission Addendum

Somebody holding a gun to your head to sell them?[/QUOTE

Oh no, on the contrary, I think you should run out and sell as many zero commissions plans that you want to. Money should never be a consideration. Maybe this will catch on all over the country. Yay!
Maybe we can get everybody to sell everything for no commiss. so the shareholders will be fat and happy. I can't wait.

Oh no, on the contrary, I think you should run out and sell as many zero commissions plans that you want to. Money should never be a consideration. Maybe this will catch on all over the country. Yay!
Maybe we can get everybody to sell everything for no commiss. so the shareholders will be fat and happy. I can't wait.

I sell zero percent auto, home, life, health and disability insurance so that I can cross sell dental plans. That's where the money's at.

Meant to remark on that too and forgot; preoccupied with these dumb modules.

Yes, it occurred to me that if you went ahead and wrote them up even at zero commission...you would be eligible for an renewal commission in 2014 as AOR. Looks like they prefer to keep business inhouse and sidestep agent.(surprised?!)

I had complained about the lack of leads thru the ICA channel...and suspected telesales was grabbing them. Now I see (said the blind man)./

I wouldn't be so sure about getting paid a renewal for writing up a zero-commission policy. Nothing official, but I just heard that United will NOT pay renewals on zero-commish policies, even if they are in your existing book of business.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure about getting paid a renewal for writing up a zero-commission policy. Nothing official, but I just heard that United will NOT pay renewals on zero-commish policies, even if they are in your existing book of business.

Bottom line, IMHO, an announcement of no commission for a given product. Is telling me this product does not have a long shelf life. My thought is that most, if not all, of the $0 commission products will disappear at the next years cycle (2015 season)

If we are proactive maybe best to come up with a replacement strategy?

What a volatile market place

The reason they are zero-commission is because those plans are being phased out for 2014. So hence there would be no renewals either.

I pity the agents that have hundreds of clients on the UHC- POS program and CIP-copd because they will be in Service area reduction and this AEP will be torture for them, even with SEP extension. Some have 500-600 clients to change.
I have about 70 re-writes scattered thru-out metro and of course not all can be contacted....seems some moved and disconnected their phones. The others will be fun to hunt down for F2F

Unstable product for long-term planning but it's the people's choice.
Sorry if I confused ;you.

The reason they are zero-commission is because those plans are being phased out for 2014. So hence there would be no renewals either.

I pity the agents that have hundreds of clients on the UHC- POS program and CIP-copd because they will be in Service area reduction and this AEP will be torture for them, even with SEP extension. Some have 500-600 clients to change.
I have about 70 re-writes scattered thru-out metro and of course not all can be contacted....seems some moved and disconnected their phones. The others will be fun to hunt down for F2F

Unstable product for long-term planning but it's the people's choice.
Sorry if I confused ;you.

I read that somewhere else in this thread.

I pity the agents that has most of his or her clients on any non-renewal MA plan. It could shut you down.

At best it would amount to a lateral transfer with no net income change.

Especially disastrous would be a block of the dual SNP's in counties without an alternative indi Dual SNP. Nope I'm very glad I stayed away from the SNP's part of the MA biz.

Back