UHC Commission Change Question

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
So UHC makes the commission change, but does anyone have any clear understanding of what policies will be included in the prior commission schedule?

I know HC.gov sends data daily around 6pm. Does UHC consider received by them or received and processed by them? Just wondering if anything done today will count towards the prior commission schedule.
R

Mon 11/16/2015

The letter says everything received by United Healthcare before November 17th is at the current commission rate. I wouldn't count on today's HC.gov submissions being included, but you can give it a try...especially if the client really needs UHCare.

So UHC makes the commission change, but does anyone have any clear understanding of what policies will be included in the prior commission schedule?

I know HC.gov sends data daily around 6pm. Does UHC consider received by them or received and processed by them? Just wondering if anything done today will count towards the prior commission schedule.
R

Per the email I just received: The commission changes will be effective for business received as of Tues. Nov. 17, 2015 and after.

Over the past few months, we've seen an acceleration of changes in the health insurance market. UnitedHealthcare is continually evaluating all aspects of the evolving exchanges so that we can provide coverage options that best meet consumers' health care and financial needs.

In response to market changes, it has become clear that we must adjust our commission schedules for our 2016 individual on-exchange business in certain states to better align with the demands of the marketplace. New schedules have been posted on E-Store. The commission changes will be effective for business received as of Tues. Nov. 17, 2015 and after.

These adjustments are consistent with our long-stated approach to carefully evaluate and better understand the dynamics of exchanges as they have become clearer over time, and enable us to continue offering consumers a range of quality health plans. Today's changes do not affect our members, their networks, plan benefits or the servicing of their plans.

A key factor in our success is the relationship with brokers like you who offer our products. We value this strong relationship and know that consumers also find value in the professional services you provide, especially in this complex market. :D

Thank you for your business and also your patience as we implement these changes.

I can't believe they left out their valued relationship with their FMO partners. I feel valued with the new zero percent override!

We're going to push through a ton today in hopes of it being the old comp on business written before the commission schedule changes. If they actually pay on time for once, and it's the new 2%, I'm sure we'll be re-writing them all through another carrier before January 31st is finished.

I was also curious as to if they meant received, by them processing them and putting them on e-store... we still have several from 11/1 that haven't shown up there yet.

UHC just confirmed that today is the last day to submit. Anything received today counts towards previous commission schedule.
Get busy....

UHC just confirmed that today is the last day to submit. Anything received today counts towards previous commission schedule.
Get busy....

I waited on hold for 30 minutes to ask the same question, then waited for an answer from a supervisor because the CSR was just reading off the commission schedule.

The answer I got was the following: it is the date when the Marketplace receives the application; even if UHC doesn't receive it for a week afterwards it will be date stamped with the date submitted to the Marketplace.

I couldn't get a reference number for the call but was told all calls are recorded.

I am going to go with this interpretation and assume if I submit today, I get paid the higher commission.

so is United Paying 2% on marketplace policies? my fmo has decided to pay 0% for uhc for some reason...

The override is 0% and the agent commission is 2%. Now the FMO may have decided that since they weren't going to make any $$ that they would put you to 0% so you didn't sell any plans.

Back