UHC Defrauding Agents

jasonkamon

I spoke with CMS today and while they are still investigating who exactly made the rule change within CMS, United Healthcare is required to give all agents a 15 day notice of any commission change. On November 11th, all agents will find out that everything they have written with a November 1st effective date has already fallen into the new guidelines for commissions. Instead of getting paid $408, you will be paid $68 per initial premium. This will cause the majority of new MA agents to go out of business. The funny thing is, there has been no official change that has been announced to anyone, only this memo that was sent out by the CMS marketing team in the San Francisco regional office. No other carrier in the country has been subject to this change, so why is UHC being forced to make the change, and violate the contract of every agent in the country? They are opening themselves up to a massive class action lawsuit due to contract violation.

I spoke with CMS today and while they are still investigating who exactly made the rule change within CMS, United Healthcare is required to give all agents a 15 day notice of any commission change. On November 11th, all agents will find out that everything they have written with a November 1st effective date has already fallen into the new guidelines for commissions. Instead of getting paid $408, you will be paid $68 per initial premium. This will cause the majority of new MA agents to go out of business. The funny thing is, there has been no official change that has been announced to anyone, only this memo that was sent out by the CMS marketing team in the San Francisco regional office. No other carrier in the country has been subject to this change, so why is UHC being forced to make the change, and violate the contract of every agent in the country? They are opening themselves up to a massive class action lawsuit due to contract violation.

Read your email again. Most people don't write someone from a pdp to a mapd plan. That's the only one that's prorated. How many threads do we need on this?

Read your email again. Most people don't write someone from a pdp to a mapd plan. That's the only one that's prorated. How many threads do we need on this?

What would you call a MEDI-MEDI with PDP who enrolls into a Dual MAPD? That's a good chunk of some agents' business.

What would you call a MEDI-MEDI with PDP who enrolls into a Dual MAPD? That's a good chunk of some agents' business.

He doesn't understand it because he doesn't write a lot of SEP business. Good SEP business.

Then stop writing UHC if it affects you guys so bad. Hell stop wring MAPD, more business for others that want it

Then stop writing UHC if it affects you guys so bad. Hell stop wring MAPD, more business for others that want it

Let me explain something to you, using our situation.

I have 30 agents that work for me.

We sell a ton of SEP business for UHC in Missouri. In September, our team wrote 156 NEW TO MA policies. We put it in overdrive knowing none of us (the agents) would be getting paid until basically January.

We have one agent who wrote 41, another who wrote 36, another who wrote 22..and on and on. These were written in the month of September for a 10/1.

During that time, UHC, in all their glory, decided to integrate the CIP payment systems with the UHC systems (which is equivalent to something we would have learned in 6th grade arithmetic)..and we were told there were glitches in the transfer and that it would be fixed soon and we would be paid..then when they did pay us, it was $68 an app!

Now, you tell someone who is expecting $16,000 that they will only get paid $2700 and that the rest of the true up is never going to get paid, what do you think is right about this? What about this do you NOT understand?

No notification. No communication. Nothing. Just sit there and let your mortgage payments bounce. Let your car payments bounce. Let your credit cards get maxed out that you can't pay. Lie, lie, lie to the agents. Spin, move the goals posts.

Now, this notification did not get out from CMS to the agents until October 30th..why, if UHC were going to change the payment process, did they not notify the agents? They had, per their contract, 15 days. They did nothing.

They are culpable and responsible. No other carriers did this. Nada.

You have no clue, none. You just keep saying, "I don't see the problem". If you don't see the problem or care then why post on every thread that doesn't affect you?

Adios.

I don't quite understand Chazm either, most of the MAPD's I write were on a Med Sup and a PDP for years and their premiums have gotten so high to switch to a MAPD. Make sure you are emailing UH Producer's helpdesk and your immediate manager at UH to let them know what we all think of it.

Let me explain something to you, using our situation. I have 30 agents that work for me. We sell a ton of SEP business for UHC in Missouri. In September, our team wrote 156 NEW TO MA policies. We put it in overdrive knowing none of us (the agents) would be getting paid until basically January. We have one agent who wrote 41, another who wrote 36, another who wrote 22..and on and on. These were written in the month of September for a 10/1. During that time, UHC, in all their glory, decided to integrate the CIP payment systems with the UHC systems (which is equivalent to something we would have learned in 6th grade arithmetic)..and we were told there were glitches in the transfer and that it would be fixed soon and we would be paid..then when they did pay us, it was $68 an app! Now, you tell someone who is expecting $16,000 that they will only get paid $2700 and that the rest of the true up is never going to get paid, what do you think is right about this? What about this do you NOT understand? No notification. No communication. Nothing. Just sit there and let your mortgage payments bounce. Let your car payments bounce. Let your credit cards get maxed out that you can't pay. Lie, lie, lie to the agents. Spin, move the goals posts. Now, this notification did not get out from CMS to the agents until October 30th..why, if UHC were going to change the payment process, did they not notify the agents? They had, per their contract, 15 days. They did nothing. They are culpable and responsible. No other carriers did this. Nada. You have no clue, none. You just keep saying, "I don't see the problem". If you don't see the problem or care then why post on every thread that doesn't affect you? Adios.

No time to read your whole message but they aren't getting $68. They are getting $68 plus the renewals starting in January through next year. So really they are getting $200. Again this is nothing new to me. I'm just happy they are paying in full on T65 biz because I have some companies that will prorate those. Thanks UHC for paying me in full where some don't.

You are right though that it is messed up that you have 10/1 and 11/1 business that is getting paid that way when the announcement wasn't until the other day

Last edited:
Let me explain something to you, using our situation.

I have 30 agents that work for me.

We sell a ton of SEP business for UHC in Missouri. In September, our team wrote 156 NEW TO MA policies. We put it in overdrive knowing none of us (the agents) would be getting paid until basically January.

We have one agent who wrote 41, another who wrote 36, another who wrote 22..and on and on. These were written in the month of September for a 10/1.

During that time, UHC, in all their glory, decided to integrate the CIP payment systems with the UHC systems (which is equivalent to something we would have learned in 6th grade arithmetic)..and we were told there were glitches in the transfer and that it would be fixed soon and we would be paid..then when they did pay us, it was $68 an app!

Now, you tell someone who is expecting $16,000 that they will only get paid $2700 and that the rest of the true up is never going to get paid, what do you think is right about this? What about this do you NOT understand?

No notification. No communication. Nothing. Just sit there and let your mortgage payments bounce. Let your car payments bounce. Let your credit cards get maxed out that you can't pay. Lie, lie, lie to the agents. Spin, move the goals posts.

Now, this notification did not get out from CMS to the agents until October 30th..why, if UHC were going to change the payment process, did they not notify the agents? They had, per their contract, 15 days. They did nothing.

They are culpable and responsible. No other carriers did this. Nada.

You have no clue, none. You just keep saying, "I don't see the problem". If you don't see the problem or care then why post on every thread that doesn't affect you?

Adios.

Yessir, you DEFINITELY have a case against UHC. Years ago, our vain ,egotistical psycho bitch VP sales at Blue Shield of California decided after 20 days into selling season that we would be paid $10/app instead of our normal rate because our sales were too easy ("windfall sales"). Most employees were weak, chicken shitted and just accepted this treatment. I did not. I took Blue Shield of Calif to the Labor Board and WON my extra $5,000 compensation PLUS damages. It was a sweet victory. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Back