UHC Dropping the Ball?

jackimae

Hello, Has anyone else been experiencing the true to life hell that is the fallout known as customer service for UHC? Clients from January still have never seen insurance cards, or even bills!

Latest issue is the May/June and now July invoices are not being made so clients are unable to MAKE a payment? And because they are unable to make their payments-- they are getting terminated....

Clients with subsidies yes get 90 days to "catch up" once this nightmare is over-- but clients without are in serious trouble. Now the process to reinstate a customer is a bigger nightmare than ever. You must email a request to their generic email- I have gotten nowhere in the past two months via this route.

Calling in to the Exchange Customer Service is insane- there is not a supervisor on site to speak to.... I have had 3-8 escalations and tickets created for multiple clients--- all with NO return call or email as I have been promised over and over. What exactly is a broker to do?

Please help!:mad:

Hello, Has anyone else been experiencing the true to life hell that is the fallout known as customer service for UHC? Clients from January still have never seen insurance cards, or even bills!

Latest issue is the May/June and now July invoices are not being made so clients are unable to MAKE a payment? And because they are unable to make their payments-- they are getting terminated....

Clients with subsidies yes get 90 days to "catch up" once this nightmare is over-- but clients without are in serious trouble. Now the process to reinstate a customer is a bigger nightmare than ever. You must email a request to their generic email- I have gotten nowhere in the past two months via this route.

Calling in to the Exchange Customer Service is insane- there is not a supervisor on site to speak to.... I have had 3-8 escalations and tickets created for multiple clients--- all with NO return call or email as I have been promised over and over. What exactly is a broker to do?

Please help!:mad:

It's a widespread problem with UHC, I have made way too many phone calls and have essentially given up trying to get anything resolved (about 10% of my clients are having severe problems).

My only advice to clients is to put things on automatic payment, that avoids all of this.

This is not unique to UHC. Other carriers have similar challenges and most of them can't pay commissions on a timely basis either.

This is not unique to UHC. Other carriers have similar challenges and most of them can't pay commissions on a timely basis either.

Only UHC is this bad. We were having these issues 1st qtr 2014. Its 3rd quarter and they aren't taking any responsibility. I got a call from a "friend of a friend", the kid is in the middle of chemo, UHC acknowledges payments but claims is showing them termed. I'm meeting with them Sunday night. So Monday should be fun.

It's very simple: Electronic auto-payment is the only payment option to accept. Don't be afraid to say no. If the prospect knew how the system worked, they would insist on it too.

It's very simple: Electronic auto-payment is the only payment option to accept. Don't be afraid to say no. If the prospect knew how the system worked, they would insist on it too.

BULL.

UHC is totally FUBAR. I don't give a crap what their internal billing issues are, its 3rd quarter. They should be fixed by now.

It's a widespread problem with UHC, I have made way too many phone calls and have essentially given up trying to get anything resolved (about 10% of my clients are having severe problems).

My only advice to clients is to put things on automatic payment, that avoids all of this.
I have clients on auto pay not being drafted- not give you a nightmare

----------

Only UHC is this bad. We were having these issues 1st qtr 2014. Its 3rd quarter and they aren't taking any responsibility. I got a call from a "friend of a friend", the kid is in the middle of chemo, UHC acknowledges payments but claims is showing them termed. I'm meeting with them Sunday night. So Monday should be fun.
Bless you, it is so nauseating.

Back