UHC Dropping the Ball?

The first year on marketplace I wrote Cigna. The second year I added BC/BS. I did 'one' test UHC, and they botched it so severely that I put that person on BC/BS and determined that UHC would not be able to handle marketplace business. I'm glad I did not proceed with UHC.

On that one we could never find anyone that knew how to take a payment even on the number that was given on the marketplace. The billing people did not even know what the marketplace was. One person even said, "Is this Cobra?" That's when I knew it was not going to work for 2015 at all.

The problem I see with UHC is they are 'really' the old Golden Rule bought out by UHC. It is obvious they do not have the systems as the more powerful group UHC.

As agents we have to look at what carrier can handle the marketplace as well as rates and networks. It is so much more work to write, and the service is astronomical.

I work with 5 different companies and UHC/UHO has been one of the better companies I have dealt with on the individual side. With all 5 companies I have dealt with some kind of issue and no matter what company you have if you write long enough you will experience issues.

i agree with you entirely

----------

So the "best" companies seem to be bxbs and cigna... that being said we have had a lot of problems with bx with unassigning our brokers.... This is just so miserable.

----------

I work with 5 different companies and UHC/UHO has been one of the better companies I have dealt with on the individual side. With all 5 companies I have dealt with some kind of issue and no matter what company you have if you write long enough you will experience issues.
I am well aware of this but my brokerage lost 700 clients in January and February pit of 1500 because the "bill me later" option equalled "dump me and ignore me" also, this included folks who had paid initial premiums but never received bills... never became activated...

March clients are being lost to the MAY/JUNE billing crisis of 2015...

And I have about 8 clients out of the 400 I have left having major issues losing coverage and being reinstated taking 2-3 months. It is miserable.

I have experienced issues with every carrier whether its clients being dropped, lost commissions, lost premium payments, assignment of commissions/Hierarchy etc. This is still a new market. Reminds me of when MA first came out. Usually doesn't get much better with time. Best of luck to you.

Back