UHC - Gout

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I write almost zero UHC in TX due to pricing, etc., but I have a client that will only buy UHC... he wants nothing else.

Anyway, this guy has recently (July) been diagnosed with gout and his build puts him in the S2 category. I've submitted for an underwriting screen, but I'm curious if anyone has any "thoeries" on the likely underwriting action here.

I've pretty much prepped this guy for something adverse....

Good move - GR has a lacking prescreen department - often the decision has little to do with the prescreen.

My "guess" is the S2 rating plus being diagnosed last month = decline - just a guess.

I could tell you, but . . .

Some folks think I don't know anything about GR/UHC, and, I will have to charge you a (discounted) fee.

Good move - GR has a lacking prescreen department - often the decision has little to do with the prescreen.

My "guess" is the S2 rating plus being diagnosed last month = decline - just a guess.

That's what I was thinking... Any suggestions on where to take this guy? 6'6, 310 lbs. No HBP, but the build is not good...

Recently diagnosed with gout last month is going to be a rough ride at best - generally, newly diagnosed conditions result in a decline - especially if they were just put on meds.

Your best case is an exclusion - just the rating for height/weight is near a decline without the gout.

The height helps... I'm looking at low to mid rate tiers on the build with carriers I've been shopping... I told him that best case we are looking at a rider.

I guess I'll write him a Mega plan...

Just for fun I called my Assurant underwriter - 50% rating on the weight.

Mild to moderate gout - 1 to 4 attacks per year would be standard - severe is a decline so it's depending on the amount of attacks.

Gear up the medical records.

Just for fun I called my Assurant underwriter - 50% rating on the weight.

Mild to moderate gout - 1 to 4 attacks per year would be standard - severe is a decline so it's depending on the amount of attacks.

Gear up the medical records.

Nasty... Anyone want a lead in TX?

I wonder if I should even attempt sending this to UHC...

Latest posts

Back