UHC Loses Thousands of Applications

dgoldenz

Virginia
If you faxed an app to UHC between 12/14-12/18, it probably got lost. No notification to anyone that this happened, found out this morning when I call to check status on an app that was sent 12/15. Just absurd.

If you faxed an app to UHC between 12/14-12/18, it probably got lost. No notification to anyone that this happened, found out this morning when I call to check status on an app that was sent 12/15. Just absurd.

United Healthcare is using back-door processes to limit 2016 enrollment. As we know from how they handled the commission cut, any tactic is fair game to them.

United Healthcare is using back-door processes to limit 2016 enrollment. As we know from how they handled the commission cut, any tactic is fair game to them.

Yeah, I'm aware of that. They also have no higher-level employees that can fix these problems like they could pre-ACA, or at least that's what a supervisor tells me. Of course, this client has cancer and has to go to the hospital today with no active insurance (previous plan was Assurant, terminated), so that's just great.

PPO plans only available off-exchange, and only by fax.

First, make sure off-exchange United Healthcare plans are still available in your state.

All Illinois off-exchange UHC Major Medical plans were suddenly removed from UHOne.com (by the Grinch?) around Christmas. The "Get Your Coverage Before the January 31, 2016 Deadline!" wording is still there, but when you run a quote, all you see are Short Term Medical (STM) policies.

First, make sure off-exchange United Healthcare plans are still available in your state.

All Illinois off-exchange UHC Major Medical plans were suddenly removed from UHOne.com (by the Grinch?) around Christmas. The "Get Your Coverage Before the January 31, 2016 Deadline!" wording is still there, but when you run a quote, all you see are Short Term Medical (STM) policies.

They are still available, but the only way to get a quote is to call and wait on hold for an hour, and you can only apply by fax. The bronze plan quotes are still on eHealth, but Silver/Gold have to request over the phone. I sent in the fax because the client called to do a phone app (since they pulled the online apps) and they told the client that they weren't doing phone apps now and are only taking faxed or mailed apps instead.

An off-ex app I faxed in on December 10th is STILL pending in their system. At least it isn't lost I guess.

they said "their underwriting team has just been swamped".

I can't figure out what they have been swamped by since it is a Guaranteed Issue Policy during open enrollment!!! Rubber stamp it for crying out loud!

Back