UHC Loses Thousands of Applications

Jan 4, 2016

1. dgoldenz

dgoldenz Moderator Moderator

If you faxed an app to UHC between 12/14-12/18, it probably got lost. No notification to anyone that this happened, found out this morning when I call to check status on an app that was sent 12/15. Just absurd.

2. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,, Moderator

State:
    Texas

it probably went into a shredder............I only had one to do and ran them threw hc.gov with no subsidy............

3. dgoldenz

PPO plans only available off-exchange, and only by fax.

4. AllenChicago

AllenChicago Guru

State:
    Illinois
    United Healthcare is using back-door processes to limit 2016 enrollment. As we know from how they handled the commission cut, any tactic is fair game to them.

5. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,, Moderator

State:
    Texas

no ppo option in austin.....just epo.........

6. dgoldenz

Yeah, I'm aware of that. They also have no higher-level employees that can fix these problems like they could pre-ACA, or at least that's what a supervisor tells me. Of course, this client has cancer and has to go to the hospital today with no active insurance (previous plan was Assurant, terminated), so that's just great.

7. AllenChicago

AllenChicago Guru

State:
    Illinois
    First, make sure off-exchange United Healthcare plans are still available in your state.

All Illinois off-exchange UHC Major Medical plans were suddenly removed from UHOne.com (by the Grinch?) around Christmas. The "Get Your Coverage Before the January 31, 2016 Deadline!" wording is still there, but when you run a quote, all you see are Short Term Medical (STM) policies.

8. houcoogster

houcoogster Guru

State:
    Texas
    I wouldn't put anything passed them at this point.

9. dgoldenz

They are still available, but the only way to get a quote is to call and wait on hold for an hour, and you can only apply by fax. The bronze plan quotes are still on eHealth, but Silver/Gold have to request over the phone. I sent in the fax because the client called to do a phone app (since they pulled the online apps) and they told the client that they weren't doing phone apps now and are only taking faxed or mailed apps instead.

10. TN_agent

TN_agent Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    An off-ex app I faxed in on December 10th is STILL pending in their system. At least it isn't lost I guess.

they said "their underwriting team has just been swamped".

I can't figure out what they have been swamped by since it is a Guaranteed Issue Policy during open enrollment!!! Rubber stamp it for crying out loud!