UHC MAPD Commission Clarification

asher

Guru
100+ Post Club
Happy New Year All! Hope everyone had a great AEP.

Question: I wrote a Dual eligible from a Med Supp (AARP/UHC med supp) and a stand alone PDP
to Unired DualEligible RPPO MAPD for a 12/1/2018 effective.

In the 12/6 commission run I got paid $ 37.00 as NEW
2 weeks later I get a Reverse New ($ 19.00) so net was $ 19.00

Applicant is new to MA. Never on a managed care plan before. Why did I not received full new to MA
commission? Humana has always paid New to MAPD commissions in this situation,

How do I appeal payment??
Thanks for any advice. This is in FLORIDA

I thought several years ago it was changed to where if someone had a pdp prior and then switched to a MAPD, you only get the renewal rate.

Happy New Year All! Hope everyone had a great AEP.

Question: I wrote a Dual eligible from a Med Supp (AARP/UHC med supp) and a stand alone PDP
to Unired DualEligible RPPO MAPD for a 12/1/2018 effective.

In the 12/6 commission run I got paid $ 37.00 as NEW
2 weeks later I get a Reverse New ($ 19.00) so net was $ 19.00

Applicant is new to MA. Never on a managed care plan before. Why did I not received full new to MA
commission? Humana has always paid New to MAPD commissions in this situation,

How do I appeal payment??
Thanks for any advice. This is in FLORIDA

Isn't there still going to be a true up?

It's a pro-rated commission for the 2018 yr.. you will get the (new to Mapd) commission once its approved by Medicare ( sometime in Jan) and renewals also start Jan 1st. If u had written it for a Jan 1st effective, you would have gotten the whole commission

It's a pro-rated commission for the 2018 yr.. you will get the (new to Mapd) commission once its approved by Medicare ( sometime in Jan) and renewals also start Jan 1st. If u had written it for a Jan 1st effective, you would have gotten the whole commission

I hope you're right, like the OP, I had 2 of them for Dec 1. I've already made peace with not getting the other $900 I expected to get.

Back