UHC non-resident agent appointment fees

123insure1900

Expert
Here is the question:

In 2012 and 2013, I had several agents working for me in several different states. They all left the business, at the end of 2013, and assigned their commissions to me when leaving. For several years, I've noticed that I am getting charged the non-resident appointment fees for all of these agents despite the fact that these agents are no longer even licensed in their resident state, let-alone the non-resident states.

In addition to paying all of these agents non-resident appointment fees, I continue to get licensed in the states where the business had been written and therefore pay the licensing fees, for myself, as well because I fear losing the commissions.

In a perfect world, I would like to stop paying appointment fees for the agents who assigned their commissions (especially since they are no longer licensed) and to stop getting licensed in the states where I am no longer really writing business, but still receiving commissions.

I believe the rules for UHC changed back around 2013 with licensing and was wondering if anyone has any clue about whether it is necessary for me to continue paying these other agents appointment fees as well as license and appointment fees for myself. There are only a couple of states where I write business now and I feel like its a waste of money especially if I can continue received the assigned commission w/o paying the other agents appointment fees. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the question:

In 2012 and 2013, I had several agents working for me in several different states. They all left the business, at the end of 2013, and assigned their commissions to me when leaving. For several years, I've noticed that I am getting charged the non-resident appointment fees for all of these agents despite the fact that these agents are no longer even licensed in their resident state, let-alone the non-resident states.

In addition to paying all of these agents non-resident appointment fees, I continue to get licensed in the states where the business had been written and therefore pay the licensing fees, for myself, as well because I fear losing the commissions.

In a perfect world, I would like to stop paying appointment fees for the agents who assigned their commissions (especially since they are no longer licensed) and to stop getting licensed in the states where I am no longer really writing business, but still receiving commissions.

I believe the rules for UHC changed back around 2013 with licensing and was wondering if anyone has any clue about whether it is necessary for me to continue paying these other agents appointment fees as well as license and appointment fees for myself. There are only a couple of states where I write business now and I feel like its a waste of money especially if I can continue received the assigned commission w/o paying the other agents appointment fees. Any help is appreciated.
Just a thought...why not go straight to the horse's mouth for the answer? :err:

Just a thought...why not go straight to the horse's mouth for the answer? :err:
Says the monkey-donkey.

Maybe he had a bad experience approaching a horse before.

200w.webp

Horses GIF by Cheezburger - Find & Share on GIPHY

Last edited:
Thanks. Could you see the video? It uses a non-gif format so I edited it and put the link in. Since it's not a gif it didn't show up for me using Chrome. It's worth a click, though.

Horses GIF by Cheezburger - Find & Share on GIPHY
I only see a red X over a picture frame. I was going to leave a smart ass comment about maybe he approached the wrong end of the horse, but when I clicked on the quote button, the video shows the guy getting it straight from the horse's mouth. :twitchy:

I'm using Chrome too. That's mesmerizing...I can just watch it over and over and over......:v_SPIN::spinny:

Okay, so what is considered the horse's mouth? The Producer Help Desk? The all so responsive FMO? Should I assume that nobody who responded so far knows the answer?

Okay, so what is considered the horse's mouth? The Producer Help Desk? The all so responsive FMO? Should I assume that nobody who responded so far knows the answer?

I'd think the Producer Help Desk would be the best place to start. If they can't help they should point you in the right direction. Otherwise the DOI in each of your non-resident states.

Back