UHC Pulls 24-month Rate Guarantee

dgoldenz

Virginia
Have a 63 year old guy looking at UHC for the 24-month rate guarantee to get him to Medicare age. 24-month rate guarantee shows up on Norvax, but is now missing from GR's website. I just called them and they said the 24-month rate guarantee is no longer available as of today. More change at work, nothing to see here, move along.

Last edited:
Oh no, this is not good news. I've been waiting for this shoe to drop. World has a 3 year rate lock (which I've been selling so that clients can have a hedge against the premiums that are going to skyrocket soon), I wonder how much longer before World kills theirs.

This sucks...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just called my GR people and it was confirmed that the 24 lock is gone as of today and it's 'gone for good' as she said.

Ouch...

Last edited:
Blame Obama and the Democrats for this one. It is hard to rate lock with pending mandates to EXISTING policies. Mandates that a lot of people do not want or need.

Costs are rising already due to this bill.

Change you can believe in!

Sumbitch, MO too!

Good thing I didn't dick around and got those 2 apps entered yesterday.

There is World and then there is World.

It comes in many flavors including some private label options that rock. Yes I MGA for them in full disclosure. They have been issuing cases in about 7 days on average, they pay (commissions) very high and prompt. Network is good. Benefits on some plans will blow any other plan out of the water, varies by market.

Some markets are priced VERY well, others not so well.

It's worth putting in your portfolio, the whole industry is in shake up mode right now - you never know who is going to come out on top when it is all over.

I sell World and clients buy it because the products are good ($10,000 air ambulance benefit for one among many others), but most importantly, NOW I sell it because it has a three year rate lock. As long as the products are good, I consider this the best thing I could possibly do for my clients based on this political climate. Rate locks are the best service you can provide anyone right now...

It's worth putting in your portfolio, the whole industry is in shake up mode right now - you never know who is going to come out on top when it is all over.

I know everybody's market is different, but I'll gladly bet the farm that World will NOT "come out on top", when the dust settles.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm seeing $210mill in reserves for '08 on their website. How many states are they in now?

Latest posts

Back