Uhc Underwriting Medsupp Question

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I do not very often write medsupps outside initial open enrollment. In fact, if I write this deal it would be only my second time writing a medsupp outside a garauntee issue period. So It is not very often I have to ask the medical questions on the application.

So, under section 5 on the app, questions 5B reads:
"within the past two years, has a licensed member of the medical profession recommended any of the following treatments for a medical condition, and that treatment NOT been completed?
- hospital admittance as an inpatient..."

The lady I am talking to turns 66 in september and currently has a Bankers Medsupp. She said she had a TIA in august of last year and was an inpatient for about 3ish days. But the treatment HAS been completed.

unfortunately the wording in the question is a little confusing for me. Can anybody tell me, based on this scenario whether she would have to answer yes or no to question 5B?

I do not very often write medsupps outside initial open enrollment. In fact, if I write this deal it would be only my second time writing a medsupp outside a garauntee issue period. So It is not very often I have to ask the medical questions on the application.

So, under section 5 on the app, questions 5B reads:
"within the past two years, has a licensed member of the medical profession recommended any of the following treatments for a medical condition, and that treatment NOT been completed?
- hospital admittance as an inpatient..."

The lady I am talking to turns 66 in september and currently has a Bankers Medsupp. She said she had a TIA in august of last year and was an inpatient for about 3ish days. But the treatment HAS been completed.

unfortunately the wording in the question is a little confusing for me. Can anybody tell me, based on this scenario whether she would have to answer yes or no to question 5B?

They're asking about future procedures or hospitalizations, advised or scheduled but not completed, not past treatment, which other questions address. She can answer no to that based on information given here. Some other carriers make that question a little clearer by leaving out the past two years phrase.

Back