UHC & West Coast Fl News

Saw the article in the TB Times this morning. Just another good reason to have a MedSupp. It was interesting to note the BayCare assertion that UHC has stiffed them to the tune of $11 million in unpaid claims.

I saw this as well, talked to a lot of seniors that are holding out till 11/26/2012 when it will officially expire? Some agents are telling them to just wait till the last minute to see if they renegotiate? I just figured all sings point to there contract ending..

Same thing happened in central FL about 2 years ago with FL hospital. They stayed in network in the end.
I don't work Tampa much but did today and talked to a lady about it, but I signed her up with pup so it didn't matter

I would have thought that agents down in your area would make a killing with other company MAPD's since I read this last week. UHC only has sporadic hospitals in the panhandle. I have talked to several people in the seminars that have told me their docs dropped UHC in 2013 for nonpayments. We do have more asking and showing more interest in supplements this year than last.

I get nothing but praise from doctors and clients from UHC. I haven't had one yet this year want to switch.

I would have thought that agents down in your area would make a killing with other company MAPD's since I read this last week. UHC only has sporadic hospitals in the panhandle. I have talked to several people in the seminars that have told me their docs dropped UHC in 2013 for nonpayments. We do have more asking and showing more interest in supplements this year than last.

It's more than sporadic in the western Florida panhandle.

I get nothing but praise from doctors and clients from UHC. I haven't had one yet this year want to switch.

Me too, I have clients from Tampa to Naples and not complaints at all.
They will wait until the last minute and then agree to take uhc again, why would they want to lose all those customers?

Back