UHC--will Strip Me of Renewals?

Medicare.guy

Expert
I can NOT get past ONE section of the certifications

I am told I will not be paid any renewals because I am not certified

Doesn't sound right to me! How can I be contracted for ten lines, miss one and lose all my renewals?

So--shall I get copy of the contract and give it to my attorney?

Im pretty sick to death of the UHC drama--wish I'd never started with them

Anyone familiar with this?

How can you not get past it? Go back through the course and take screen shots of every single page, then the test is open book.

SnagIt.com is a great screen shot tool.

How can you not get past it? Go back through the course and take screen shots of every single page, then the test is open book.

SnagIt.com is a great screen shot tool.

Funny no matter how one words this, there are misunderstandings

I used ALL of the tries

It is NOT open book. And the questions had no relation to the test

I'd like some experience with THIS issue not a side issue

Lol. I didn't even finish the training. It was boring, intense, and I figured if I had to do this for each carrier then it wasn't really worth it. Just do med supps.

You're the medicare guy so its different, but I'm a life guy. Got my hands full learning about executive benefits and indexed UL/Annuity strategies.

Doesn't sound right to me! How can I be contracted for ten lines, miss one and lose all my renewals?

MG, which section did you miss? I would think that if you failed the SNP certification, for example, you should still be paid on all the rest.

I always thought the UHC certifications was one of the easier of all the MA carriers I work with.

The main thing to remember is don't start the modules that duplicate AHIP if you've already done AHIP. If you accidentally do, you have to go through all the modules (excruciating). I know an agent who did exactly that. At least now they put the warning notice in red, so it's harder to miss.

Which section was it?

If it is one of the product sections you would not be paid renewals on those subscribers only, if it is one of the Core sections then you are not certified for anything.

As an example, I choose not to certify for the Special Needs plans because I don't service that market but am still certified and paid for everything else.

This doesn't make much sense because UHC uses AHIP certification for MAPD and PDP product certification, have you taken the time to read their publication about certification? https://www.unitedhealthproducers.c...ats_new/2017_Certification_User_Guide_FMO.pdf

Only affect renewals on the MA, PDP side.

Save your money.

Which section was it?

UHC does NOT use AHIP and never has. Not in this area. Which is a pain to the UHC agents here. We have to certify with AHIP and then with UHC

Ive been certified for years on CSNPs and DSNPs--and cant pass the certs this year

So now they want to strip RENEWALS

I get it that I cant sell in the coming year for products Im not certified on

But I WAS certified on the products WHEN THEY WERE SOLD

Didn't AARP Extend to 6 tries this year?

I dunno, I mean with renewals at stake, I would think after 1 x you would go slow on the 2nd, and after 2 tries you would make sure you look up every question

I cant for life of me Imagine how one could fail 6 tries, Unless you went through unprepared rapid fire all 6 tries waive your hands in the air, like you just dont care

----------

They do too use ahip for core I recert with them every year

Last edited:
Which section was it?

UHC does NOT use AHIP and never has. Not in this area. Which is a pain to the UHC agents here. We have to certify with AHIP and then with UHC

Ive been certified for years on CSNPs and DSNPs--and cant pass the certs this year

So now they want to strip RENEWALS

I get it that I cant sell in the coming year for products Im not certified on

But I WAS certified on the products WHEN THEY WERE SOLD

It's ridiculous but you can blame CMS. It's their rule.

Rick

Back