UHC--will Strip Me of Renewals?

Im kinda surprised that you are in this situation, for the same reasons everyone else said.

I guess worse case scenario, if you have a bunch of renewals that will be shut off then maybe do the following...have your wife get an insurance license, then get appointed with UHC, take the AHIP, then PASS the UHC product tests, then will your entire book over to her. Now she will get the renewals, and who know, maybe she'll will it back over to you next year, if you're lucky :)

I think the answer for this individual is stop selling insurance. If you passed it in the past with only 3 chances and failed it with 6 chances, it's time for a new career.

Yeah there are so many posts there that are just self serving and help the poster not at all

Those are REALLY appreciated!

----------

UHC uses AHIP in the FMO channel NOT the ICA channel. Not gonna say it again.

Did it ever occur to you I DID get help? A agent friend of mine and I, with FORTY YEARS combined experience and the text open failed three times.
Did it ever occur to you your comment solves nothing? It must be great to have time to burn!

Passing the test is irrelevant---it HAPPENED and I do not have the happy facility of making time run in reverse. Sheeesshhhhh

I will NEVER understand the penchant of some posters to project facts into a post, distort the situation and judge/insult the poster--off subject--rather than help

I do NOT have time to randomly rag on others--if I cant help I read on

So far the only post was about the rule being a CMS not UHC rule. For which I thank you.

Thats it--Im out.

Well, bless your heart.:)

The lesson I learned from a sub agent a few years ago.

The second time you take a certification exam you act like it is your last chance to keep $50k in renewals. Do not get to the third try, take it deadly serious after you don't pass the first time.

Too many agents get inpatient and try to rush, then they don't pass the first try, do a light review and launch into it again, then don't pass... now you are standing on the plank and falling in means losing what you've worked long and hard for.

I know this does the OP no good, but let others take warning...

The agent I mention didn't ask for help, didn't try to restudy between, just shot tries one and two in quick order, then reviewed a launched #3... then panicked and started "calling a friend" for help. Too late, he failed, and lost.

The lesson I learned from a sub agent a few years ago.

The second time you take a certification exam you act like it is your last chance to keep $50k in renewals. Do not get to the third try, take it deadly serious after you don't pass the first time.

Too many agents get inpatient and try to rush, then they don't pass the first try, do a light review and launch into it again, then don't pass... now you are standing on the plank and falling in means losing what you've worked long and hard for.

I know this does the OP no good, but let others take warning...

The agent I mention didn't ask for help, didn't try to restudy between, just shot tries one and two in quick order, then reviewed a launched #3... then panicked and started "calling a friend" for help. Too late, he failed, and lost.
Great advise "G."
I tell agents I coach,"don't call me for help on the third try." I don't need the stress.

P.S.
I couldn't believe how easy their testing was and with 6 tries. I think it was the most easy of the 6 MCO's I do each year. Also, last tip.. start early and don't stress. I use Print screen and paste to word if they don't have PDF to follow.

I'm still at a loss seeing a self proclaimed "Medicare Guy" fail it on 6 tries. And not only that, he had help from a 14 year vet who couldn't help.

I truly do feel bad though, I would be just as upset as he is but it is what it is. And I can't see how a lawyer can help here. Just an expensive lesson learned.

I'm assuming you're not losing out on too much in renewals if the test was a little difficult. Am I correct? I don't put all my eggs in one basket but I would probably be losing out on $3k per month ugh

I don't put all my eggs in one basket but I would probably be losing out on $3k per month ugh

That's a lot of money, to me anyway. Although I am seeing there are also ongoing costs to keep this money flowing.

In a situation like this, when the money is lost in one year, is it lost forever?
Or can you pass the relevant examination in another year and get the cash flow back?

I guess signing with another carrier and transferring some of that business to a similar plan is not feasible?

Back