UHG Kiboshing Plan Switching...Sort Of

justsayinisall

Super Genius
At least for the last 8 years, UHG Supplements have allowed members to switch between plans, any time of year, with just a phone call - never any underwriting.

As of 10/1/2018, any member wanting to switch into a plan 'G' will be subject to underwriting. They can still switch in and out of the other plans; 'N' to 'F', 'F' to 'K' etc with no underwriting, just not into a 'G'.

I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before they stop the practice altogether. I called the producer helpdesk and asked if they would notify the members before they stop the practice and was told that they would not.

That is all...

You mean UHC, aka AARP. 99% of my F clients moved to G before this door closed over past 3 weeks.

Especially since F is going up 8% and G is going up 0% in April 2019 in my state.

And saved $25 month on average. They love me so much now.

About 12 states not affected as of 10/1 including Florida. It may come in near future. Email was sent out a month ago by uhc.

I agree, I didn’t use it much. Maybe less than a dozen times over the years. Typically when I was pitching a plan N and a client was not sure if they wanted an N or an F. They can still go to that F

After Jan 1, 2020, can a person (of the right age) go to a plan F if they did not actually have an F on Jan 1?

Back