Uncontrolled type 1 diabetes + pain meds...$100k face amount - anybody?

livingwithEm

Hi there - I'm an independent agent in California. I've got a prospect who has high A1c, has gone into diabetic shock within the past 2 years and is on a series of meds for her fibromyalgia (hydrocodon/tramadol/gabapentin). She is 35 y/o, approximately 5'5, 160. My in house uw said she doesn't stand a chance but she's got a daughter with severe special needs. I don't want to go back and tell her it's a no until I know for sure. It's been suggested to be I layer her with accidental and guaranteed issue but accidental will only get us so far assuming she's into it, and she doesn't fit in the age bracket for all the guaranteed issue I'm familiar with. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to help this woman out?

Hi there - I'm an independent agent in California. I've got a prospect who has high A1c, has gone into diabetic shock within the past 2 years and is on a series of meds for her fibromyalgia (hydrocodon/tramadol/gabapentin). She is 35 y/o, approximately 5'5, 160. My in house uw said she doesn't stand a chance but she's got a daughter with severe special needs. I don't want to go back and tell her it's a no until I know for sure. It's been suggested to be I layer her with accidental and guaranteed issue but accidental will only get us so far assuming she's into it, and she doesn't fit in the age bracket for all the guaranteed issue I'm familiar with. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to help this woman out?

You'll need alot more infomation to determine eligibility, then what you are providing here.

What's current a1c ( CERTAIN carriers may allow up to 10) ?

What are details of diabetic shock? How long hospitalized etc.

What are the circumstances behind the Hydrocodon, and gabapentin?

Maybe get a complete snap shot of prospects health profile, as what you shared ot your inhouse underwriter is inadequate. If they didn't ask for the same set of questions I asked you, chances are said in house underwriter is a knucklehead

Start with a diabetic questionnaire. What other meds? Dosages, changes? Is she ablitory, disabled? Other complications?

If you can't place level, graded or modified:

$10k GI Columbian + $100k to $300k Accidential with Assurity with ROP . . .

Farmers has a graded death benefit policy that will give a 35 year old $30K for about $105/mo. Three very broad medical questions. Available in CA. You may need to contact a Farmers agent for help. They don't broker products.

Back