Under 65 Disabled/Med Supp Commission

What carriers do you use for Med Supps for Under 65 clients that pay a halfway decent commission?

A few weeks ago I wrote one (an aunt) with a decent SSDI check and also a pension. She's not exactly broke so she can afford the Supp and a Part D. Stupidly, I didn't realize that the carrier I wrote her on (Lumico) in PA only pays 1% commission on Under 65 business in PA. She won't T65 and be in her new Open Enrollment until next Spring. I guess I could find another carrier now and cancel this out (it's not effective until 9/1), but I feel like an ***. I may chalk it up to a leaning experience and suck this one up but I don't want to write the business for such low commission.

My upline said UHC is one of the few that pays better commissions on Under 65 business but they are really expensive in my County... But just drive an hour north and they are really good.

I have another one coming up later this week and if possible, would like to make a little more commission. His sister is a good friend of mine, is helping him choose a plan and wants him to get Plan G or N, none of that MAPD business (he has severe mental health issues, and this would be the only time for him to get a Supp, most likely).
Varies by state.

Bankers Fidelity 21%, Cigna 22%, Equitable National 10.5%, Everest 7.5%, Shenandoah 12%, Thrivent 11%.

Am I not allowed to hold that opinion?

If we allow you to hold YOUR opinion, then shouldn't you allow others to hold theirs? Rather than telling them the way they should do things? Which is precisely what you've done in your posts. You're coming off like an arrogant baby. That's MY opinion, which based on your rules, I have a right to hold.

I for one will never sign my name to any dotted line without compensation. Not sure why you're automatically coming to the conclusion that if we don't take the app that somehow we're not still helping these people in some way. I'd like to believe most or everyone on here wouldn't just hang up on them and would tell them where to go to get help.

But you're clearly better than us because you take the app. Give me a break.

Do you not use the Michigan medigap subsidy program?

Nope. I can't market to U65 Medicare people due to a conflict of interest. Over 65 the Michigan Medigap Subsidy is okay, but I can usually find them a cheaper (or same cost plan) without being at the mercy of the state.

Nope. I can't market to U65 Medicare people due to a conflict of interest. Over 65 the Michigan Medigap Subsidy is okay, but I can usually find them a cheaper (or same cost plan) without being at the mercy of the state.
That program has nothing to do with the State of Michigan, when you don't have any of the companies in the program not sure how you would know,

That program has nothing to do with the State of Michigan, when you don't have any of the companies in the program not sure how you would know,

You're right. I misspoke. I meant the Michigan Endowment Fund.

I don't have to be contracted with a company to know their rates... Not sure where you're coming from with that.

TA, Lumico, Everest.. to name a few.

But.. if you can find someone that beats those rates consistently, I'm always open.

Here's my thing about the Medigap Subsidy... It's set to expire in 2021. It may get renewed, it may not. I'm not going to write a company just because of the subsidy. AARP and BCBSMI are consistently the highest cost plans. Priority is right up there with them. McLaren might be a different case. That's the only company I don't have the rates for off hand.

However, let's pull that off thread since it's not really helpful

Last edited:
Back