Under 65 Female ESRD in Bexar Cty, Texas (Medigap)

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I haven't sold one of these in a long time. She just started Medicare a & B in Feb 2014, so is still under the Open Enrollment period for a Med Supp. They are ALL very costly now. The last time I sold one of these was an Aetna Plan A policy back in 2008 for like about $180/mo!! The same policy is now $585.85/mo!!! Talk about inflation. I can't put her on an MAPD because of the ESRD issue and I don;t believe that she qualifies for medicaid. She has had no previous coverage so she needs a supp without a waiting period. Humana and Oxford Life both have waiting periods. Aetna told me that they have none. Does anyone know of a reasonable option for this poor soul?

Just phoned UHC- $329/mo- more affordable
BlueXBlue Shield - $953/mo!!!

Last edited:
I haven't sold one of these in a long time. She just started Medicare a & B in Feb 2014, so is still under the Open Enrollment period for a Med Supp. They are ALL very costly now. The last time I sold one of these was an Aetna Plan A policy back in 2008 for like about $180/mo!! The same policy is now $585.85/mo!!! Talk about inflation. I can't put her on an MAPD because of the ESRD issue and I don;t believe that she qualifies for medicaid. She has had no previous coverage so she needs a supp without a waiting period. Humana and Oxford Life both have waiting periods. Aetna told me that they have none. Does anyone know of a reasonable option for this poor soul? Just phoned UHC- $329/mo- more affordable BlueXBlue Shield - $953/mo!!!

This won't help you personally but UHC has a med supp not affiliated with AARP for under $200 (Plan A). I ran across it when trying to enroll an under 50 OE prospect who would not consider an MA. I called the producer help desk to find out how to write an AARP med supp for someone not old enough for AARP membership. Was told there was no way but informed of this option. I helped her sign up--no comp--settled for PDP only through me.

This won't help you personally but UHC has a med supp not affiliated with AARP for under $200 (Plan A). I ran across it when trying to enroll an under 50 OE prospect who would not consider an MA. I called the producer help desk to find out how to write an AARP med supp for someone not old enough for AARP membership. Was told there was no way but informed of this option. I helped her sign up--no comp--settled for PDP only through me.

Haha. UHC refuses to contract with me due to my low morals. so You're right. I would not get paid for an AARP or a UHC supp. I would give it to a friend that could get paid for it. Besides, I like giving UHC the sick ppl. ;). Is an AARP (thru UHC) different from a UHC supp? I thought that they were two different options, one carrying the AARP NAME and the other NOT? Plz fill me in.

Haha. UHC refuses to contract with me due to my low morals. so You're right. I would not get paid for an AARP or a UHC supp. I would give it to a friend that could get paid for it. Besides, I like giving UHC the sick ppl. ;). Is an AARP (thru UHC) different from a UHC supp? I thought that they were two different options, one carrying the AARP NAME and the other NOT? Plz fill me in.

Same standardized med supp. Non-AARP is consumer direct. You could do the right thing for the prospect by and direct her to that plan. Or you could send it to your friend and stick the prospect with more than $100 per month in premium. Sometimes it's good to let one go.

Same standardized med supp. Non-AARP is consumer direct. You could do the right thing for the prospect by and direct her to that plan. Or you could send it to your friend and stick the prospect with more than $100 per month in premium. Sometimes it's good to let one go.

My all-around lowdown self would like to gouge the hell of them, but you're probably right. I'll get that other number tomorrow and ask what the rate is for her. She's getting dialysis treatments 3 times a week. It's bound to pay for itself for the client. ;)

I don't know anyone that has them, but Plan N with Reserve National would be $206.95. Much better than Plan A. Rick

Texas only requires Plan A for U 65, although plans may go beyond that (but doubtful). Nice to know though. Thanks.

----------

I don't know anyone that has them, but Plan N with Reserve National would be $206.95. Much better than Plan A. Rick

Texas only requires Plan A for U65, unless the company opts to offer richer Plan (prob not likely). Good to know though. GRacias.

----------

Which number do you call to get that information?!!! I called again and got some annoying east coast record player voice who insisted that they only had the ONE AARP policy at $329/mo.

Which number do you call to get that information?!!! I called again and got some annoying east coast record player voice who insisted that they only had the ONE AARP policy at $329/mo.
I called producer help desk at 888-381-8581.

Back