Under 65 GI Question

Jimbo45

I have a 63 yr old who just reached 24 months on disability and received his Medicare card. He has Part A & B. Once he reaches 64 he is eligible for a Medigap plan. Will it be GI? Because he could sure use it. He's got cancer and spends a lot of time at MD Anderson. He's in Texas, so the only plan available under 65 is plan A. New Era is the low offer in his zip at around $267 right now. Based on how much time he spends in MD Anderson, that would be worth it.
My question is. Once he turns 65, will he have another GI period to enroll in something more comprehensive like a Plan G? If not, I'll hold off until he turns 65 and use his GI then.

He is in an open enrollment period right now and will have another when he turns 65.

Rick

So, because he's just enrolled into Part B... he has an Open Enrollment period, even though he's only 63? I can't seem to get a quoting engine to quote anything under 64. Luckily, he lives here in town with me. So I guess I'll just print the app and do it "Ole school"

edit: Thanks Rick

I thought Dayton was the only one on the forum that wrote those things. He is Mr PDP and Hi F

Back