Under 65 Medigap in Kansas?

smarco,
this is beyond my technical abilities. I see the link above is not working-for whatever reason. It included a section on disabled which I believe answers your question yes.

If you google schick disability and medicare and find that page in the search listing and look at the cached version, you can see the section. I can copy the section out of the cache into a word document, but I can't paste it here. So all I can try to do is point you to it.
LD

The link's working now.

"Disabled Medicare beneficiaries have equal access to all Medicare supplement polices sold in Kansas.
•Upon becoming enrolled in Medicare Part B, a disabled beneficiary will have a six (6) month open enrollment period to buy supplemental coverage. The open enrollment period begins on the effective date of coverage when first enrolled in Medicare Part B.
The policies must be sold at the same rate as for seniors who turn 65 and are eligible for Medicare.
•Disabled Medicare beneficiaries cannot be turned down for any Medicare supplement plan being sold in Kansas during the initial enrollment period. Coverage will be guaranteed issue, but companies may still apply a preexisting condition waiting period for preexisting conditions that are contained in non-open enrollment policies. Be sure to ask about this.
•A second open enrollment period will apply when the disabled beneficiary reaches age 65."

Back