Underwear Agent Redeemed (temporarily)

Alston

Guru
1000 Post Club
On Friday I got a call from Blue Cross. They had a client who was having difficulty signing up for a Tonik policy and needed some assistance. The client was about 15 minutes away, so I agreed to meet with him.

This meant that I had to shower, shave, put a suit on over my underwear and --leave my house -- to sell a policy! It had been over a year since I had done that. I must have sold over 200 policies while sitting in my gym shorts since that last face-to-face appointment. I occasionally shower and shave during the week (because I want to stay married), but lately I've only tied a tie before taking my family to church on Sundays.

My son works with me and is licensed, but he is too new to go on calls by himself. He teased me and questioned my ability, not my ability as a salesperson, but my ability to actually leave the house and breathe the rarified air.

I took a deep breath and got going. I had a very enjoyable meeting with a bright, pleasant young man at his father's barbershop. I actually shook hands with strangers and handed out a few cards. I also sold a policy. It actually felt good! I guess you can say that I go both ways now.

[FONT=&quot]Today I'm back in my gym shorts. I've had enough excitement for a while[/FONT]

and you could not a)talk him out of Tonik and b)talk him through the online application........ you know you can log in at the same time while you clients online right all you need is his PW an LIN...... at the very worst you could have had him log out and you log in and take the application over the phone and set him up to were he only had to sign and submit.......

and you could not a)talk him out of Tonik and b)talk him through the online application........ you know you can log in at the same time while you clients online right all you need is his PW an LIN...... at the very worst you could have had him log out and you log in and take the application over the phone and set him up to were he only had to sign and submit.......

His computer wouldn't connect to the Internet. I brought my laptop to the appointment. I can connect anywhere that I have cell phone service.

Dang! Who's your cell service provider and how much does it cost?

[FONT=&quot]I have Cingular. Verizon has a similar service. It costs about $40 a month. It is faster than dial up, but not nearly as fast as DLS or cable modem.

It's too slow to use on a regular basis, especially for me since I'm constantly working on my websites. I mainly use it to stay in touch while on vacation. My wife doesn't like the fact that I work when we are away, but if I couldn't stay in touch we'd have fewer vacations.

I can surf the web and get email directly on my PDA cell phone, but the keyboard is too small to type a long email very quickly. Using the connection with my laptop involves a few clicks and either a blue tooth connection or a cable connection.

You can get a card that you can stick into your laptop, but using the PDA set up allows you to get your email and use the web without using the computer.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have Cingular. Verizon has a similar service. It costs about $40 a month. It is faster than dial up, but not nearly as fast as DLS or cable modem. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's too slow to use on a regular basis, especially for me since I'm constantly working on my websites. I mainly use it to stay in touch while on vacation. My wife doesn't like the fact that I work when we are away, but if I couldn't stay in touch we'd have fewer vacations.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can surf the web and get email directly on my PDA cell phone, but the keyboard is too small to type a long email very quickly. Using the connection with my laptop involves a few clicks and either a blue tooth connection or a cable connection.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You can get a card that you can stick into your laptop, but using the PDA set up allows you to get your email and use the web without using the computer.[/FONT]

I have the new Blackberry 8830 World phone and not only do I get my emails, but it acts as my internet card as well. I connect it to my laptop and get the same service as my Verizon card. Pretty cool and I got to ditch my $60 mo. Verizon card. Just thought I'd share.

I have the new Blackberry 8830 World phone and not only do I get my emails, but it acts as my internet card as well. I connect it to my laptop and get the same service as my Verizon card. Pretty cool and I got to ditch my $60 mo. Verizon card. Just thought I'd share.

That's pretty much what I have with Cingular. I agree. It is better than the Verizon card in my opinion, because the card only allows you to connect to the internet with your laptop. With the other set up you can access email and the Internet with or without your laptop.

The only downside is that you can't use the PDA as a phone and as your connection to the Internet at the same time.

I have the Verizon Samsung i730 PDA phone...I love it....However, I can get on the internet and recieve calls at the same time....Guess not being able to do that is a Cingular thing..

I have the Verizon Samsung i730 PDA phone...I love it....However, I can get on the internet and recieve calls at the same time....Guess not being able to do that is a Cingular thing..
I have the same phone. When used as a modem to connect to a laptop, you do lose the internet when the phone rings. Hang up and you reconnect. No problem really.

Rick

Back