Underwriting Niche Guide

Does anyone know where I can find a niche guide for a variety of carriers. I was mailed one like 3 years ago from a defunct FMO. I don't want to keep super outdated information. I would love to have a quick go-to guide to keep on my desk.

Does anyone know where I can find a niche guide for a variety of carriers. I was mailed one like 3 years ago from a defunct FMO. I don't want to keep super outdated information. I would love to have a quick go-to guide to keep on my desk.

Why not make your own...you'll learn a lot in the process.

What ChangoMan said. However, a couple of the 360 guys have been great at sharing cheat sheets in the past.

What ChangoMan said. However, a couple of the 360 guys have been great at sharing cheat sheets in the past.

They (360) have it is mostly for FE/SIWL.

I believe the OP is looking for Fully Underwritten or Non Med Cheat Sheets.

If so, this is harder because underwriting is selective and not as cut/dry as Simple Issue Products.

It is best to have the OP Learn by building one with his carriers.

Start by understanding standard conditions and table risks per conditions.

Example: Ht/Wt. A good guide to start with is MOO/UOO Underwriting Guide. The basic conditions are there and the Table Rates are there for Ht/Wt.

Also, HBP. Controlled with one med is usually Standard, Controlled w/2 meds can be a Table 2 depending on the meds/dosage. 3 meds could be Table 2-4 depending on meds...... Ex: Lisinopril and a beta blocker may be Standard to Table 2...... Coreg and a low dose HTCZ will be Table 2-4 or even a decline with some carriers.

Start your own Cheat Sheat and when given a chance, call an underwriter with specific questions.... they will be helpful if you keep it short and sweet.

Skipper.

Back