Underwriting Question

SouthernComfort

Guru
100+ Post Club
6'2" 370, Diovan 80mg 1x daily, Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily, aldactone 20mg 1x daily, 39 non smoking male. Term, WL, GUL... what do you have? Best route? I'll give you the guy/not what I do.

6'2" 370, Diovan 80mg 1x daily, Lopressor 50 mg 2x daily, aldactone 20mg 1x daily, 39 non smoking male. Term, WL, GUL... what do you have? Best route? I'll give you the guy/not what I do.

3 different BP meds and a BMI of 47.5 will make term tough. Depending on what else shakes out likely highly rated WL to GUL.

In my experience these cases almost always have more hair on them. There are exceptions.

Prediabetic or whatever that means. Sleep apnea or heck even a sleep study recommended but never completed. A touch of the afib. Oops i forgot to tell you about the other 6 meds I take. Oh and I am disabled and can't afford more than $35 a month.

I am not saying this can not be placed at a highly highly rated premium and probably not term. Get all info and do a risk assessment before submitting and make sure he is completely on board. I did a bunch of these early in my career. Learned a lot but did not make much money. Did learn to pick my battles and don't get me wrong there are some unhealthy clients willing to pay some serious premium. There's some gold in those hills! That said on these I vet, vet, and vet.

----------

What does the client want? ...what is the reason, purpose for the coverage?. I'll give it a go. Shoot me the details.
Thanks

Unfortunately, most prospects do not call the insurance agent and say "hi, I want a Universal Life policy and have a check here waiting." Believe it or not, most of us actually have to go out and sell a product then close the client. So it all depends on what kind of lead and products the agent has.

Most of my clients don't "want" anything, until we find the need for the insurance and get them to agree on it. By that time an experienced agent already has a product in mind.

FYI, we can read your first post so we all know that you have 2 posts and all you have done on this forum as of today is PIMP contracts and start with marketer NONSENSE "what does the client want?"

Back