Underwriting taking forever

A patient has a legal right to his or her medical records. To the best of my knowledge, even with a signed HIPAA, an insurance company has no such right.

While not quite the same, I always recommend the insured hound their doctor's office too when it comes to records. Its a lot harder to tell your patient to go pound sand, that you send the records whenever you feel like it.
Agreed.

I'll normally give the doctor's office (or service) a reasonable amount of time to respond (a few weeks) and then just cut and paste the Jetstream (or whoever) 4 or 5 contact attempts into an email and ask the client to make a call.

That normally gets the ball rolling.

Agreed.

I'll normally give the doctor's office (or service) a reasonable amount of time to respond (a few weeks) and then just cut and paste the Jetstream (or whoever) 4 or 5 contact attempts into an email and ask the client to make a call.

That normally gets the ball rolling.

I have had a few cases (that fell in my back yard) where I showed up at the doctor's to push the records through to the carrier. Not efficient use of selling time, however; for those cases where a significant amount of commission is on the tab, it works very well and I would suggest it for those who are anal about the follow-through.

Back