Unethical? Illegal? Spammy?

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
I have an idea. I haven't implemented it yet. I would like to get some feedback first.

I am generating many leads from my websites and still purchase leads as well (health insurance).

Of course, the vast majority do not become clients. Seems as if I could do more with them. And perhaps I can.

A typical situation is an individual or family that requests and receives an instant health quote on one of my websites. Generally, I send them a nice introductory email followed by the autoresponder sending 8-10 personal followups over a 14-month time frame.

Historically, they are not called. Here's the idea.

I would like to start contacting (via email) those prospects that never responded, and send them another email approximately six months after the initial contact. However, the email would be very short, and would offer them a free term insurance quote with a link to my term life quoting engine. That's it. Quote simple.

Too spammy? Just curious what a few of you think.

WebCurious was used in this post
WebNanny was used in this post

The link:

Affordable Ohio Term Insurance Quotes

Last edited:
I like it. You know the odds, if they haven't responded to you yet they probably won't. But you may catch them at just the right time when they are willing to pursue health or life. It seems like at this point in the process that it's a no lose situation for you.

I think it is a good idea. It is not really spammy because even in making cold calls or callback we do follow-ups and that is just a marketing strategy that always works for me.

I'm not as well versed on that as I should be, but does that apply since the initial contact was made by the other party?

I think it's a great idea - called "follow-up". I don't think the contact issues come into play because, as stated, they initially requested info and did not ask you to stop providing info.

What you may want to do, however (to cover yourself) is at the end of the email put in the standard "to stop receiving any future emails please reply with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.

I have an idea. I haven't implemented it yet. I would like to get some feedback first.

I am generating many leads from my websites and still purchase leads as well (health insurance).

Of course, the vast majority do not become clients. Seems as if I could do more with them. And perhaps I can.

A typical situation is an individual or family that requests and receives an instant health quote on one of my websites. Generally, I send them a nice introductory email followed by the autoresponder sending 8-10 personal followups over a 14-month time frame.

Historically, they are not called. Here's the idea.

I would like to start contacting (via email) those prospects that never responded, and send them another email approximately six months after the initial contact. However, the email would be very short, and would offer them a free term insurance quote with a link to my term life quoting engine. That's it. Quote simple.

Too spammy? Just curious what a few of you think.

WebCurious was used in this post
WebNanny was used in this post

The link:

Not spammy at all, as a matter of fact you'll get a higher conversion rate if you kept the email to one paragraph in personal letter format.

I don't recommend having them go back to the website, just ask for them to respond then call them two days later to follow up.

If you can use the tags within the email client that allows you to insert their unique name.

For example:

Dear [name],

Haven't heard from you in a while ...................................
..................................................................................
...................................................................................

So call me or email me back to let me know you're still alive.

Sincerely,
Your name
Your Phone number

I've seen a greater response rate doing it that way than any other form of email marketing.

Not spammy at all, as a matter of fact you'll get a higher conversion rate if you kept the email to one paragraph in personal letter format.

I don't recommend having them go back to the website, just ask for them to respond then call them two days later to follow up.

If you can use the tags within the email client that allows you to insert their unique name.

For example:

Dear [name],

Haven't heard from you in a while ...................................
..................................................................................
...................................................................................

So call me or email me back to let me know you're still alive.

Sincerely,
Your name
Your Phone number

I've seen a greater response rate doing it that way than any other form of email marketing.

All of the folks who get a quote are put in my Constant Contact database for the next newsletter. If they opt out or the email addy is defunct I remove them from my data. Otherwise, they are fair game.

Unless they become clients, I usually flush them after 6 months.

Pangea...My concern with that idea is that they originally searched online for health insurance and found my website (6 months ago).

Now, I am bringing up a completely different product, so I really didn't expect to hear from them regarding the new product quote I am offering.

And Bob...I am always tempted to get rid of prospects after 6 months of no-contact, but I get a fair amount of interest at the 11 month and 17 month marks.

Back