Unicare thinks they are GOD!

taterpeeler

Guru
5000 Post Club
Unicare just informed me that no client can cancel, regardless of effective date, until the 1st of the month. Ok, I hve been in this business for 16 years and NO WHERE on the broc. or outline of coverage posted on the internet or any of the printed outlines does it state this. It is on page 50.... fing page 50 of something they send to the client. This it total Bullchit!

No other company we do biz with here in Texas does this crap... atleast i don't think so... Aetna, Blue Cross, Humana, World, FSL, ANLIC, GR..... they don't ... do they?

Ok, here is what will happen..... u get a new client that lets say TXINSURANCE wrote, the effective date is 15th and he wrote... oh, dunno... lets say... MEGA(lol) who am i gonna write? keeping in mind that in about 2 years i will be forced to move the client to anopther carrier due to rt increases. Well, if i write Unicare with a 15th effective date when it comes time to move the client will be forced to jump through all kinds of hoops... like, canceling on the 1st having a draft take place for the full months premium and then waiting 30 days to get the 1/2 month credited to his bank account.

this is totaly an attempt by Uniscare... i mean Unicare to hold the client hostage and keeping the coverage.... not gonna do it... wont sell them unless the effective date is the 1st of the month....

HEY UNICARE...... YOUR BUSINESS ALMOST DRIED UP OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS.... THE REASON... WE THE BROKERS LEFT YOUR ARSE.... DON'T GIVE US ONE MORE REASON NOT TO TRUST OR LIKE YOU......

I cancled my appoitment with them about 11 years ago because of a little screw up by them...i filed a complaint agains them at that time... looks like they are up to their hardball style again.

Now, this policy may have been in place for ever and i just never had it happen that the effective date was mid month.... dunno... but this practice is flat out wrong

I don't think anything changed recently that I am aware of (this issue at least).

Why can't you just have the client drop the draft? The policy will lapse after 30 days of no pay anyhow.

Maybe I am not understanding the situation - help me out Peeler...

Back