Unicare

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK.. I guess I closed this before I hit submit, but I had some Unicare questions.. maybe this is a good thread for Scott. What is underwriting like with someone that has HBP for example. How are the average underwriting turn-around times. I called Unicare and they explained that every 6th application is automatically advanced. Is this correct? She stated that 1-5 are as earned.. number 6 is advanced.. 7-11 are as earned... and 12 is advanced.. Is this correct? I thought after 6 you were on a 6 month advance on everything? Kinda a strange way of paying people IMHO.. I would almost just rather have everything as earned if this is way it is..

Thanks!

Here is a quick ammendment to the above question.. To do an online app with Unicare, do you just go to the Online Connect link and fill out the app for the customer or does the customer have to fill it out?

Thanks!

To my understanding - Unicare pays 6 month advance when you sign up for monthly checking withdrawals and the only other route would be a 3 month payment because they would have to pay quarterly.

Legally you are never able to fill out an application for a client. They always need to fill it out and esign. However, well however......

To my understanding - Unicare pays 6 month advance when you sign up for monthly checking withdrawals and the only other route would be a 3 month payment because they would have to pay quarterly.

Legally you are never able to fill out an application for a client. They always need to fill it out and esign. However, well however......

The customer service girl didn't sound like she knew what she was talking about, but she said that Unicare will pay as-earned your first 5 and then on number 6 advanced if you do the monthly bank draft.. 7-11.. as earned.. 12 advanced.. which seems rediculous to me??

That is wierd. All the companies I work for(which none of them are Major Med) pay you either as earned or advanced. No mixture. NOt even if you want it mixed. Thats what I was told.

Back