Uninsurables

Feb 25, 2008

1. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    I would be curious what is available for uninsurables in your area. GA does not have a risk pool. Uninsurables have COBRA, conversion or once COBRA runs out they can ask the DOI to assign them to a carrier.

Most of the time that is BX who gives them an indemnity plan with a very high premium.

2 person groups are the minimum.

What is in your state?

somarco, Feb 25, 2008
  2. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Maryland Health Insurance Plan (MHIP)

absolutely rocks.

Eligibility Requirements

You may be eligible for the Maryland Health Insurance Plan if you are a resident of Maryland and:
    • Have a qualifying medical condition
    • Have been denied insurance in the past six months for medical reasons
    • You are enrolled in, or have the opportunity to enroll in, individual health insurance that:
      • Limits, restricts or blocks your coverage for a specific medical condition
      • Has benefits similar to MHIP, but costs more because of your medical condition
    • You are a child who has a qualifying medical condition (A parent or guardian would submit the application on behalf of the child.)
    • You are switching from a high-risk pool in another state, and
      • It has been less than 63 days since that coverage ended and
      • You plan to live here permanently

3. Dave020

Dave020 Super Moderator Moderator

State:
    California
    Too much to type here....go to my page California Health Plans page and you can view most of them-- am sure I might have missed one or two of the more obscure progams. CA has a buttload of programs.

Dave020, Feb 25, 2008
  4. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,, Moderator

State:
    Texas
    2 Man Group
    Risk Pool.....

Have Done Both......texoz......

5. Delta76

Delta76 Guru

Minnesota isn't a bad state to not qualify for coverage, although most people don't appreciate that. We have the lowest uninsured rate in the nation, and of the roughly 7% uninsured, over 60% are eligible for some form of subsidized coverage and over 25% are illegal immigrants. However, the state is looking to establish a connector plan that heavily disfavors agents so we can reach more of the uninsureds.

Back to the orignial question, we have a guaranteed accepted risk pool (as long as you have been declined coverage in the last 6 months or have an agent statement that you would be declined) that has premiums capped at only 25% above the private market. All pre-existing conditions are covered as long as the individual is HIPAA eligible. Even if you aren't HIPAA eligible, if you have a major condition, you will probably get it covered.

Delta76, Feb 25, 2008
  6. senior-advisor-indiana

senior-advisor-indiana Guru

State:
    Indiana

Isn't that called a threesome.:bump: I didn't know you were like that Sti. :D

7. salpro22

salpro22 Guru

State:
    Texas

salpro22, Feb 25, 2008
  8. TXINSURANCE

TXINSURANCE Guru

Why buy Health Insurance? Just walk into the ER and get the same service as everyone else for FREE - duhhh...

Shhhhh.... Don't tell anyone the trick.

9. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    That might play out in the hospital but go to Rite Aid and see if they'll give you free meds.

10. Golddoor

Golddoor Guru

Why do you keep deleting my post?????? DId you delete Somarcos and MLMs post from mine???????? I smell some favortism here!!