Uninsured Golf Cart/insured Vehicle Accident

crashdodgeram

I was at work and was leaving for break and another employee was driving our companies uninsured golf cart that we use to transport parts and backed into my truck causing $5500 in damages. What is the best way to file this claim? Can the at fault party claim it through their auto insurance? Should my employer claim it through their business insurance? Should I claim it through my insurance? Will it end up coming back to the employers insurance no matter where we claim it? Please help!!:1baffled:

have the company pay cash, they dont want a minor claim on their record, they could pay double or triple or more for having a claim on their record

I was at work and was leaving for break and another employee was driving our companies uninsured golf cart that we use to transport parts and backed into my truck causing $5500 in damages. What is the best way to file this claim? Can the at fault party claim it through their auto insurance? Should my employer claim it through their business insurance? Should I claim it through my insurance? Will it end up coming back to the employers insurance no matter where we claim it? Please help!!:1baffled:

If the golf cart was being driven by a company employee on company time, it is the responsibility of the company.

have the company pay cash, they dont want a minor claim on their record, they could pay double or triple or more for having a claim on their record
While on my side of the business, I have nothing to do with increases in premiums, I can say that I have heard several insured's express outrage or bewilderment over increased premiums or removal of coverage altogether after filing a claim. Red is probably accurate on this one. Best for the company to simply send a check to the repair facility and have you sign a release and leave the carrier out of it if all of you are concerned about long term costs to the company.

You shouldn't worry about how the company pays for it, just that they are responsible.

Rick
If you wish to be made whole again, this quote is accurate. That said, if the company agrees to simply write a check for repairs to the repair facility, and repairs are to be made to your satisfaction, you get made whole and they don't have to file a claim.

Have the company file the claim on there insurance policy. Seems like a big company and that should not hurt them. One claim will not make the premium go up. Man that is a lot of money for a golf cart to hit your car. It seems the golf cart fell on top of your car for the parking lot to cause that damage.:goofy:

Golf carts are usually considered "mobile equipment" under a Commercial General Liability (CGL) policy and, assuming the business has one, should be covered.

Back