Union Bankers Or Tritus Insurance

molski

Does anyone know anything about these two companies? I can only find very little information on them online. Any feedback would be great. Thanks

I spoke with the owner of Tritus agency on the phone, and he sounded legit. He was very nice to me on the phone, and sounded professionaL. He is in Dallas as far as I know.

Union Bankers is a Fla. final expense company. I had a contract with them through Parker in Mississippi.

I am also a newbie & have a question on Tritus.

I had a chance to speak to the owner of Tritus about 2 months ago.

He was very nice, very professional & really helpful.

I have two questions & I am hoping someone can help.

One, If I join Tritus, would I be a captive agent then ?

Two, I keep on learning here about the importance of going DIRECT to the carriers especially if you plan to be an independent agent.
The question is, If I join Tritus, then I am NOT going direct then, right?

Thanks for assistance.

Tony

P.S. I am planning to take the prelicensing course within the next week. Thanks

You would not be captive with Tritus.

It looks the primary advantage with them would be the alliance they have with multiple carriers to be able to sell simplified issue products without physically seeing the client.

Owner seemed like a fairly competent guy although I did receive several bits of information that I later found to be less than accurate. Nothing major, it just gives me a little cause to question.

If you're brand new, it may not be a bad place to get started. Just make sure if you contract with multiple carriers that you get a signed release PRIOR to contracting. The last thing you want to do is find out their model isn't a good fit and be handcuffed to a less than street contract for six months.

Thanks so much for the response.

So just to get it straight. I can sign-up with Tritus but I can also STILL sign-up with other carriers at the same time ? As long as they are NOT affiliated with those carriers.

Thanks again

When contracting through any IMO you can always contract with additional carriers with seperate IMO's unless you sign a seperate agreement to the contrary...which I would recommend you never do.

This has zero to do with any affiliation the IMO has with their carriers. They may have contracts with 30 carriers...you are under no obligation to contract with them for those carriers and you have every right to contract with those carriers through another organization.

With regard to going direct. Most carriers need at least 3 years of substantial verified production to offer a direct contract.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
You would not be captive with Tritus.

It looks the primary advantage with them would be the alliance they have with multiple carriers to be able to sell simplified issue products without physically seeing the client.

Owner seemed like a fairly competent guy although I did receive several bits of information that I later found to be less than accurate. Nothing major, it just gives me a little cause to question.

If you're brand new, it may not be a bad place to get started. Just make sure if you contract with multiple carriers that you get a signed release PRIOR to contracting. The last thing you want to do is find out their model isn't a good fit and be handcuffed to a less than street contract for six months.

HELLO WIN,

Can you expand on your finding that concerned you PLEASE. I am seriously thinking about joining Tritus! THANKS in advance!:biggrin:

HELLO WIN,

Can you expand on your finding that concerned you PLEASE. I am seriously thinking about joining Tritus! THANKS in advance!:biggrin:

No problem. It's was nothing serious, it just caused me to question if everything else I was hearing true as well. Again, I spoke with the owner and he seemed to be a very nice and engaging person. Here are the two items I found fault with:

1.) With regard to contracting I currently have what I consider top end contracts and would only consider comparible contracts. This also allows me a decent spread on my new agents business when training them and getting them up to speed. His comment was "well forget maintaining a spread over x% on your sub-agents...most of our carriers won't allow it and are really cracking down on that".

In discussions with several carriers I found this to be false. What I set my agents contracts at is up to me, not the carrier. He did find it appropriate to override my business 50-60 points with no lead support though? Thought that was odd and contradictory.

2.) Was told that one of my major carriers was on the block and that if sold the first block of business that would be disbanded is the product I market. In a private follow up discussion with a very high level executive at that carrier, this was refuted. That book of business is actually performing very well according to them and there are plans to expand it, not pull it back.

Again, I realize these are not big issues by any stretch of the imagination, it just caused me to pause and question other insights given. The only reason I contacted them was they are ALL over Craigslist and I wanted the scoop on what they were doing. There model works great if you are a bank or mortgage brokerage and want to do your business over the phone.

Back