Unique Personal Liability Situation FL

Most personal lines agents in Florida are aware that Citizens Property Insurance no longer offers $300k in personal liability--the max is now $100k.

With this in mind, I have a client who owns a home in NY (with extensive Hurricane Sandy claim activity + misc others--5 in total over the last 3 years) and a home in FL. His insurance company, Tower Hill, dropped his insurance in FL affective next week.

With claim activity like he has, Citizens is a good fit except he'll lose his personal umbrella if he doesn't have the $300k in liability coverage on his property.

How do I supplement this? I've never dealt with a scenario of this caliber.

Any way to extend the liability from the NY policy to the FL location? Else, that is difficult...the drop down would make this a $200,000 deductible for the umbrella.

go with ny property for property and then get a monoline gl coverage.

i did this with lloyds 500k liability is around 750

Drop the liability from the citizens policy and write a mono line cpl to replace it. Most standard umbrellas will cover down to your personal liability limit if it's the most the liability carrier offers. Even if it's below their standard limit requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

yes, you can get excess to fill up the gap, so it satisfy the umbrella underlying...

but i think hes talking about getting a standalone mono line primarily 200k liability.

Back