Unique situation need advice to get started

April Pace

To give you guys a little background on me so ya'll can better assist. I have a 17 year sussesful sales history and have sold just about anything, except insurance, lol. I'm a super fast learner and self starter and am currently in a position where I have a nice office in a Regis suite selling something completely non related to insurance but am finding myself with about 15-20 hours of down time a week.
I'm looking for the fastest and least expensive way to get me started selling a niche insurance, guide me in getting the necessary licencing, aide in product knowledge, and provide leads.
That being said after doing some research, I'm not interested in Symmetry, Equis, NAA, ect platforms if I can avoid it simply because I'd like to maximize my commisions.
Does anything else exist that's turn key, where I can work my own schedule, in my own office? I'm located in Richmond Va. Thanks in advance for any advice!

To give you guys a little background on me so ya'll can better assist. I have a 17 year sussesful sales history and have sold just about anything, except insurance, lol. I'm a super fast learner and self starter and am currently in a position where I have a nice office in a Regis suite selling something completely non related to insurance but am finding myself with about 15-20 hours of down time a week.
I'm looking for the fastest and least expensive way to get me started selling a niche insurance, guide me in getting the necessary licencing, aide in product knowledge, and provide leads.
That being said after doing some research, I'm not interested in Symmetry, Equis, NAA, ect platforms if I can avoid it simply because I'd like to maximize my commisions.
Does anything else exist that's turn key, where I can work my own schedule, in my own office? I'm located in Richmond Va. Thanks in advance for any advice!

The agencies you name are the multi-level recruiter/builder/paramid agencies. Those are the ones that send you lots of spam and advertise on every Craigs List and job sites. That’s why you are only finding low commissions.

Look at the commission page at our site FexContracting. That will be the commission levels that most good IMOs start new Final Expense Agents at. And that includes training, leads and a lot of extras.

But the downside for you with our agency is that if you are doing insurance as a side gig and not your main gig, we wouldn’t put you on training or our best lead programs. Our size agency only wants a limited number of agents so we would want to be your main gig if we are putting resources into you.

But there will be many other agencies that can offer you the same begining commissions that would be a good fit for you. This forum is a better place to find a good one than Craig's List.

I'm not sure whether or not to take you literally when you say, "in my own office". If you want clients to come and see you, then FE is not going to be the way to go. You would do better working with the Medicare Supplement market (if you want to work the senior market at all). You can order Med Supp leads, call them, and go from there. It can be done via e-app if you don't have the need to go see them. Of course, even then you can use e-apps.

If you are looking for your upline to supply leads to you then you are definitely going to take a commission hit. Those leads will cost you dearly in the long run though.

I also did A&D Bankers to get licensed, since it's online and easy to get done. Most IMOs that have lead programs will either charge you a steep price for the lead or give you a lower commission level for discounted leads.

I'm not sure whether or not to take you literally when you say, "in my own office". If you want clients to come and see you, then FE is not going to be the way to go. You would do better working with the Medicare Supplement market (if you want to work the senior market at all). You can order Med Supp leads, call them, and go from there. It can be done via e-app if you don't have the need to go see them. Of course, even then you can use e-apps.

If you are looking for your upline to supply leads to you then you are definitely going to take a commission hit. Those leads will cost you dearly in the long run though.

Don't think I was aware that an office setting was not good for FE since I went to an office setting much like mine when I purchased my policy. Do most agents that sell life insuance not work out of an office?

Don't think I was aware that an office setting was not good for FE since I went to an office setting much like mine when I purchased my policy. Do most agents that sell life insuance not work out of an office?

It's the type of people that you're dealing with and the mentality when selling FE. Those folks are usually the poorest with a poverty mentality. Hard to convince them to come to an office to buy something that they really don't want to buy anyway. They are procrastinators and have put off doing anything all of their life. It's almost like you have to pin them down once you can get in the home. You just won't get many of them to agree to come to you.

Med Supps on the other hand are a different animal. They will come to see you especially if you are saving them money.

Latest posts

Back