Unique Split Dollar Concept

CWG san Diego

Premium financing plan with contributions that our tax deductible? Has anyone heard of this type of concept? One of our agents presented the creative solution to a business owner client and they loved it. It's even better than section 79 !!!

Do anyone here us premium financing??

I have done premium financing but I won't.

I also won't use any program touted as tax deductible life insurance. I have seen 100% of programs that was sold under the same premise eventually blow up in time.

The tax benefits were all dependent on an interpretation of the tax code. And I can guarantee you that Treasury doesn't believe in tax deductible life insurance and neither does congress.

The only aspect of premium financing that could (should) be tax-deductible... is the interest payments on the loan to fund the product - as a cost of doing business.

However, because the loan is funding life insurance or an annuity, causes confusion according to the IRS publications.

So I would leave that to the client's CPA to make that determination.

The only aspect of premium financing that could (should) be tax-deductible... is the interest payments on the loan to fund the product - as a cost of doing business.

However, because the loan is funding life insurance or an annuity, causes confusion according to the IRS publications.

So I would leave that to the client's CPA to make that determination.

See section 264 (f) of the IRS code. That should help settle any confusion for a clients tax advisers, which I am not. and I do not give tax advice.

I also don't ever tell anyone that they might be able to deduct interest on a loan used to purchase life insurance. I'd like to stay out of arbitration and/or court.

Latest posts

Back