United American and CHARGE BACKS

First to answer your question I already know the answer to that but I am wanting some help. I also know that I posted a similar link awhile back and thought that I had taken care of the issue.

Long story as short as possible!

I worked for UA from June of 06 to November and in that time I wrote several policies. United American has this weird policy that they advance you your commission write their in the branch office. In August of 06 I went out on a sales cale with my unit Manager and we wrote a gigantic policy that was 668 dollars. They advace on that was 1391.47 my manager and I got back to the office and told me to fill out the policy in my name to get something on the books and to just cash the check above and give him all of the cash and I would get all of the renewals.

After this policy was on the book for three months the client cancelled I can't blame her for that. The question is I cancelled my contract with UA back in November of 06 and I just got a letter on February 2 stating that I owe 1260.64 because of that huge advance. My question is because of how the advance was handled do I have any recourse to soften the blow or do I have to up the anny as so to speak. I am also mad on the issue that my manager received the cash but it was posted on my MSC 1099 statement that I received from him. One last question how does chargebacks post on a 1099 statement.

Any help is great :oops:

Yeah the manager wanted to get you on the books because they get a bonus when that happens. You do have recourse if you have record of the payment to him. I'd contact the branch and tell the manager about the chargeback and that since you didn't get paid anything he should re-imburse you for the entire amount. If he doesn't do it that would be grounds for a lawsuit. That is -- if you want to take it that far.

Chargebacks don't post on a 1099 statement. Since you had to actually pay UA back that money is tax deductible the way I understand it. (I may be wrong here.)

I worked for UA for a couple of weeks and ended up getting a $600 chargeback. I think it was legit in my case though because the deals i did with my manager were split 50-50. In other words, he didn't make me write the business and then take all the commission from me. Instead, UA just paid me half. You really got hosed. Good thing we both got out early!

You do have recourse if you have record of the payment to him. I'd contact the branch and tell the manager about the chargeback and that since you didn't get paid anything he should re-imburse you for the entire amount. If he doesn't do it that would be grounds for a lawsuit. That is -- if you want to take it that far.

I took the check that was written to me at the branch office and went down to my local Commerce Bank office endoresed the back of it and got the CASH!!! for it and drove back to the office and handed it directly to him. NOW do I have any options available to me.

cod8825 said:
You do have recourse if you have record of the payment to him. I'd contact the branch and tell the manager about the chargeback and that since you didn't get paid anything he should re-imburse you for the entire amount. If he doesn't do it that would be grounds for a lawsuit. That is -- if you want to take it that far.

I took the check that was written to me at the branch office and went down to my local Commerce Bank office endoresed the back of it and got the CASH!!! for it and drove back to the office and handed it directly to him. NOW do I have any options available to me.

Consider it a expensive lesson including the tax due.

Back