United American Insurance

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Some times I have to shake my head.....I have a client that just got his second decline for SA and meds.....so I tell him that the only other place for him is the risk pool $450 for a $5,000 ded....or I can not believe I say this or UA.....depending on price....give them a call.....so I just checked my email and saw a recruiting email from UA....so I call and say look ....do you have broker contracts.....they say yes......I ask ....do you have online applications....they say no and doubt that they ever will...I say ok...well I can have my client mail in the application right....oh no sir.....we require all our agents to personally see each client....I told her well this is not going to work because 9 out of 10 times I do not see my clients in person.....Gezzzz....what a rip off bunch......we have to see you to hard sell you......so I gave my client the # and to tell me how it goes......

UA has a list of disclaimers as long as the health questions. The agent is supposed to go over every one and read it to the applicant, wait on them to nod yes that they understand, then initial each line.

It is a CYA approach that lets folks know this is NOT major med but is a limited benefit plan.

Not sure it always sinks in though . . .

Golden Rule United Healthcare vs. United American

wow...golden rule has them all beat by a bill.......
I agree, Golden Rule United Healthcare is obviously a better choice but for someone maybe that has diabetes or some type of health issue which would make them uninsurable with a full major medical provider (outside of HIPAA) then having a limited benefit is better than no benefit at all.

I agree, Golden Rule United Healthcare is obviously a better choice but for someone maybe that has diabetes or some type of health issue which would make them uninsurable with a full major medical provider (outside of HIPAA) then having a limited benefit is better than no benefit at all.

Agreed, but UA rates diabetes to the point of absurdity. We're talking 200-300% here on an already overpriced policy.

This is truly a case where something is better than nothing. The UA policy has holes, as at least one agent has experienced first hand, but when one considers that most diabetics will never be able to qualify for a true major med, at least they can get something.

Some diabetics will live a long and uneventful life. I have two friends, brothers, both with Type I diabetes. Both are in their 50's now. One has had no problems at all. The other has been thru numerous surgeries, is on a host of meds, and has been disabled for close to 10 years now as a result of his diabetes.

Fortunately he is married to an angel who has supported the family for most of their lives and works for a company with excellent benefits. Otherwise they would have been in dire straights a long time ago.

A UA plan may not cover all, or even most of the bills. But the little bit that is coming in may at least allow you to keep a roof over your head, the lights on and food on the table.

UA is nothing more than a false sense of hope..... I would never .... ever.... under no condition write that. Go to the risk pool.... or nothing.... UA is a waste even for someone with one foot in the grave and one on a bannana peal

Back