United American Med Sup Rates

fleur

Expert
CA
A referral called today asking for med sup rates from United American.
I am not contracted and couldn't find rates on their website.

Does anyone know if their rates for plan F, G and N are competitive in So Cal?

Zip code: 92507
Female, age 66
Male, age 69
Both non smokers

Please share any pros or cons for an agent that may wish to contract.
Thank's!

A referral called today asking for med sup rates from United American.
I am not contracted and couldn't find rates on their website.

Does anyone know if their rates for plan F, G and N are competitive in So Cal?

Zip code: 92507
Female, age 66
Male, age 69
Both non smokers

Please share any pros or cons for an agent that may wish to contract.
Thank's!

Female 66
F $161(6th best)(lowest $145.05)
G $147(8th best)(lowest $125.99)
N $108(5th best)(lowest $88.17)

Male 69
F $186(7th best)(lowest $158.73)
G $172(9th best)(lowest $136.74)
N $127(6th best)(lowest $103.39)

UA Pros...none
UA Cons...they're a Torchmark company(the master of Cons):skeptical:

You should look into subscribing to CSG Actuarial....or you could join this excellent Medicare Supplement training site that runs $19.97 a month and has the CSG Quote Engine included.

http://medicareagenttraining.com/

Female 66

Male 69

UA Pros...none

You should look into subscribing to CSG Actuarial....or you could join this excellent Medicare Supplement training site that runs $19.97 a month and has the CSG Quote Engine included.

MedicareAgentTraining.com - Medicare training on how to sell Medicare Supplements by phone

Appreciate your response and feedback !!!

Female 66

Male 69

UA Pros...none

MedicareAgentTraining.com - Medicare training on how to sell Medicare Supplements by phone

i'm curious why you call them cons. can you elaborate please?

The only time I've found them competitive is on HDF, and Palm Beach County, FL for Plan F.

16% commission is wack x $60 mo prem is only $115 a year vs UHC $210 or Manhattan Life $260 or so Plan G T65 Atlanta GA . I hate it, but you can't beat the plan.

You really got be cross selling if you sell HDF.

Last edited:
Because there's something shady about all of their companies. I have over 10 years experience with them. Do a little research.

"something shady" doesnt explain why they're cons. i have 2 years with them and i work with 1 of their district guys whom i'm very pleased with. their rates are decent and the comp schedules are tiered, which also pay for life not 5-6 years then drop. rate increases haven't occurred in years for my area, i don't find their underwriting any more stringent than other med supp carriers, customer service is not a dial button prompt for consumers rather a human being that answers the call directly. i also get a hit of free T65 leads.

"do a little research" you mean in terms of consumer complaints? i've seen some things but there's complaints on every carrier.

Last edited:
"something shady" doesnt explain why they're cons. i have 2 years with them and i work with 1 of their district guys whom i'm very pleased with. their rates are decent and the comp schedules are tiered, which also pay for life not 5-6 years then drop. rate increases haven't occurred in years for my area, i don't find their underwriting any more stringent than other med supp carriers, customer service is not a dial button prompt for consumers rather a human being that answers the call directly. i also get a hit of free T65 leads.

"do a little research" you mean in terms of consumer complaints? i've seen some things but there's complaints on every carrier.

The ONLY thing they have that is competitive is their HDF. If that's all you sell then you're probably doing some of your clients wrong. If you sell them other stuff that UA has you are definitely doing them wrong!

Do they still advance you like 18 months? That in itself is another problem if they still do that. At one point an agent didn't even get a choice on that.

The ONLY thing they have that is competitive is their HDF. If that's all you sell then you're probably doing some of your clients wrong. If you sell them other stuff that UA has you are definitely doing them wrong!

Do they still advance you like 18 months? That in itself is another problem if they still do that. At one point an agent didn't even get a choice on that.

HDF is lowest in my area by far however their G and N are also competitive. i do not peddle any of their other lines because yes they are junk. never received any advances.

Back