United American Medicare Supplement

UA Med Supp:

The first (and only) time I ran into a UA client was several years ago. The lady was about 80 and, at the time, she had UA Med Supp and LTC. I sat through the UA webinar today and LTC wasn't listed in their assortment of add-on products, so they may have dropped that line. My point about this lady is she wouldn't even consider looking at another med supp, that I believe would have saved her 800-1000 a year! She even made a statement to the effect that she would never give up her United American! I'd never run into that before.

But it did make me wonder about their sales approach. So after years of receiving mail, e-mails and phone calls, I attended their webinar this morning. I understand their approach. I get it. Most of my clients are a retired niche market that are upper middle to high income. The High Deduct F plan might make sense to quite a few of them, especially a few that don't carry a thing besides orig. Medicare, because they are "self-insured". And especially if we could use some of that extra premium for LTC, annuity, life, etc.

However, before I sent in the online contracting, I thought I'd come here to the forum for a little more checking AND because the contract did not include a comp schedule. (I'm waiting for a return call to address that issue.) Somewhere on the forum (not this thread), someone said that if anyone cancels within 5 years you would owe all commissions back. (If that is true, it is definitely a no-go) I haven't verified that, so I don't know, but I was able to save the contract as a file and will look it over closely before and if I continue the process.

All that said, the webinar did provide some pretty good insight into how they present the Hi-Ded Plan F, if you want to consider it. Any comments or further insight, especially from agents with UA experience would be appreciated.

no you're vested 100% day one dollar one, the only exception is when you term you writing number they wont release your renewal check until it amounts up to $500.........some of the older contracts its less..............as far as non HDF rates it depends what state you're in, which area. We are competitive in many states. Like in CA we are competitive, and you will sell our plan G over F. If you are a CA agent feel free to reach out to me.

For years I have ignored UA because of their old limited benefit plans but recently started looking at them again in the South Florida market, where Med Supp rates are through the roof (AARP T65 Plan F is $258 per month and is the lowest of the major brands). Their rate for males is 273, $15 more than AARP

Amazingly, UA's Plan F for females is $236, the only other company in that range is Gerber (and Globe, which doesn't use agents).

What is even more compelling is the HDF plan, the rate is $60 for females and $75 for males, the difference between the HDF and Plan F is virtually the same as the MOOP for the HDF.

There is really very little reason (other than perception) for a Medicare beneficiary to choose a Plan F in this area, but I'm wiling to bet that most people turning 65 would choose the standard F over the HDF just because the term 'High Deductible' scares them away.

UA also pays lifetime level commissions and is A+ rated so I am going to drop my former hesitancy and get started with them.

For years I have ignored UA because of their old limited benefit plans but recently started looking at them again in the South Florida market, where Med Supp rates are through the roof (AARP T65 Plan F is $258 per month and is the lowest of the major brands). Their rate for males is 273, $15 more than AARP

Amazingly, UA's Plan F for females is $236, the only other company in that range is Gerber (and Globe, which doesn't use agents).

What is even more compelling is the HDF plan, the rate is $60 for females and $75 for males, the difference between the HDF and Plan F is virtually the same as the MOOP for the HDF.

There is really very little reason (other than perception) for a Medicare beneficiary to choose a Plan F in this area, but I'm wiling to bet that most people turning 65 would choose the standard F over the HDF just because the term 'High Deductible' scares them away.

UA also pays lifetime level commissions and is A+ rated so I am going to drop my former hesitancy and get started with them.

I too am in South Florida (Palm Beach County). The only thing that is difficult with selling the UA Plan F HD here is making a living off the commission. Figure you take home an average ticket of $100...you've got to sell a lot of plans. Even if they pay you $100 forever, it takes 14 years to make what you would make in 6 years otherwise. Still, when a recent T65 tells me she is paying USAA $222 /month for a Plan F and I show her the math of an HD----you will get the sale. it makes sense in S. FL.

I too am in South Florida (Palm Beach County). The only thing that is difficult with selling the UA Plan F HD here is making a living off the commission. Figure you take home an average ticket of $100...you've got to sell a lot of plans. Even if they pay you $100 forever, it takes 14 years to make what you would make in 6 years otherwise. Still, when a recent T65 tells me she is paying USAA $222 /month for a Plan F and I show her the math of an HD----you will get the sale. it makes sense in S. FL.

The math is very powerful-I am in the position of not having a need to live off the income until at least 2018 (or longer) because I have a full book of ACA business plus an existing Medicare book.

I just want to build a book of business that stays with me long term, the HDF is really the best product to offer clients and works for me as well. I'm also sure that some of people will just want the standard Plan F and UA has lower rates for women than UHC so that works as well.

Using zip code 95926 for a T65 NS, what is the premium for F and HD F?

Moot point in CA. Standard Life is less expensive and pays a higher commission.

Plus UA will give effective date when the application goes through underwriting. For example, if they get an app on a T65 on 6/30 for a 7/1 effective it may take them 5-7 days to issue. The effective date will then be July 6 (for example). You have to ask them to cancel and reissue.

Apparently (and obvious BS) their computer won't allow backdating. Somehow it will when you cancel and reissue.

They are way to much trouble to bother with.

Rick

Back