United American

jacodaro

Expert
Arizona
Flex Guard Plus. Ok, it's a limited benefit impaired risk program. I would have no problem offering it to those unable to qualify for Major Med. Rode with a company agent who has been in the business five months. What I witnessed was total misrepresentation (and some outright lies) concerning the product. It was offered to healthy people under the premise that they would probably never have a large claim, and so on. I had to bite my tongue. People had no idea what they bought. The agent, who has absolutely no knowledge of the industry, was simply repeating things the manager told him. This particular agent is also doing quite well. Sickening.

Flex Guard Plus. Ok, it's a limited benefit impaired risk program. I would have no problem offering it to those unable to qualify for Major Med. Rode with a company agent who has been in the business five months. What I witnessed was total misrepresentation (and some outright lies) concerning the product. It was offered to healthy people under the premise that they would probably never have a large claim, and so on. I had to bite my tongue. People had no idea what they bought. The agent, who has absolutely no knowledge of the industry, was simply repeating things the manager told him. This particular agent is also doing quite well. Sickening.

Brutal.

Poor people don't find out til they have a major claim what's goin' on. Folks like this need to be run out of the business - they are a stain for all of us.

Any chance you can drop a dime with the AZ DOI?

The "agent" still had two appointments left when I had him drop me at my car. I heard enough. I then went and wrote a piece of MM business I had been working on that was a $720 monthly premium.

Did you have a discussion with the agent while riding between appointments about what was going on? I'm curious because you seem well aware of what a true MM plan is.

Oh yeah. I questioned him about the products and the facts and figures he used. Never explained the limitations, lied about the air/ground ambulance benefit. He stated he was just repeating the presentation that he was given. He included high priced/low quantity term in the policies and later admitted he had no idea what term should cost. No effort to research any other company/product. He didn't seem to care and he dressed like a slob. This is funny but he couldn't sell one guy we saw who had Mega Life. Hey, why didn't the manager call me back? I guess I'm not good enough for them.

Last edited:
Back