United American

I am surprised they have not been somehow shut down totally, for all the lies and crap that goes on. Yes, certain health conditions do qualify certain folks to have UA only, or, very few choices let us say, and for that, it's probably not bad. ... but we have the risk pool in TX, albeit high premium.

In my opinion, there is nothing at all that is good about this company and its affiliates. The branch managers and unit managers that I have known are some of the most unethical douchebags I've ever had the displeasure of knowing.

They sell BS policies that, at least here in TX, are known as 'limited benefit' plans. Go spend 3 days in the hospital for a heart procedure that cost 80K, then have UA pay their portion and be on the hook for 76K. Oh, do I have some stories...!

Stay away...stay far, far away.

yep, I'm in the same town in TX, and have met the same d-bags. more than likely. the stories we could tell!! ha ha { it would be funny , if were not people's lives and health and money that we were talking about here- which makes it no longer funny, and probably criminal} stay away

HS, sounds like we may know some of the same douchebags!

But yea, what's shameful about the whole operation is the crappy place that it puts clients. It's really not funny to talk about these nightmare stories when, in fact, they involve real people just trying to do the right thing...but are misled by a quasi-criminal outfit. It's a travesty to the insurance business...

Did anybody else hear that they were to move Liberty National out of Alabama and into McKinney? Just a side note: I would personally like to see LibNat distance themselves from the evil empire { ha ha } rather than shack up with them. But, that's just me. It's probably a lost cause anyhow. I would like to see old debit companies make it out there in the real world, but they seem to be a doomed breed.

Is anyone Writing them?

or...are they ashamed to admit it?

Apparently they cover a lot of illiness that most companies do not.

I understand that some coverage is better than nothing....especially in my State (fla).

Last edited:
UA has been leaving voice mails lately trying to recruit me to sell them. I've been signed up with them for about 4 years and have sold 2. What I've found is that by the time you add on the rate ups for the conditions you can get much better coverage in the Risk Pool? Of course, the risk pool goes up quarterly but it is full-blown coverage. UA has $50K, $75K, and $100K and the $100K was the one I was talking about being just as expensive as the pool. I'm in TX.

I'm a little uncomfortable offering it when my presentation is mainly geared toward protecting your assets. Clients tend to have bad memories and if they have a huge claim and end up with a huge out-of-pocket expense they're going to look for someone to blame and/or sue. Guess who's first in line to get sued??

The very, very few times I've had a client interested in it, I've asked them to do -- in their own handwriting -- something that says they understand they are purchasing a plan with limitations in it not a full blown major med.
Once they're asked to do something like that it seems to soak in a little bit more what they're actually buying.

I don't see any difference between them and MEGA but for some reason MEGA gets sued a lot more. I've ran across just as many people with UA that thought they had good plan as ones that were with MEGA that thought they had a good plan. :mad:

Latest posts

Back