United American

UA is represented as an 80/20 plan and that is not exactly the whole truth, and we are suppossed to be about the truth. There was no reason to assume the heart attack victim was uninsurable when he bought the UA. The bill is suppossed to be repriced without buying any UA Partners junk.

I can't justify their plan. The UA agents I have met are not up to my standards.

The heart attack victim? Is dementia setting in? I wouldn't put a guy on UA UNLESS he ALREADY had a heart attack. Where do you put people in FL that had a heart attack? Whoa? Huh? That's right, you tell them you can't help them.

Just leave that $ right on the table. I'll have one of my guys slide over and CLOSE that deal right quick.

Last edited:
Is is "good samaritan" week or something? Are you guys health insurance agents or Salvation Army volunteers? There's nothing on this board lately but self righteous BS.

You put your insurable people on MM, you put the rest somewhere else...like UA. Earth to douchebags?

If you losers have any prospects that you can't place, I'll glady accept your referrals.

:biggrin:

You put your insurable people on MM, you put the rest somewhere else...like UA. Earth to douchebags?

Case by case basis.

There are a ton of agents selling UA as MM due to the commissions or they just don't know any better.

It is a scheduled benefit plan , so what. At least it is A+ rated and if you add enough add ons its really not that bad from everything I have ever viewed.

Beats any association on the market, hands down.

UA is represented as an 80/20 plan and that is not exactly the whole truth, and we are suppossed to be about the truth. There was no reason to assume the heart attack victim was uninsurable when he bought the UA. The bill is suppossed to be repriced without buying any UA Partners junk.

I can't justify their plan. The UA agents I have met are not up to my standards.

The guy with the heart attack was a UA agent and he was definitely insurable before the heart attack. He thought it was much better coverage than what it turned out to be. I guess I don't understand how the 80/20 works. It was like 90/10 with the policy holder paying the 90%.

Just my 2 cents. I think if you're offering major medical and then for whatever reason a client goes with the UA product somewhere down the line a client is going to have a claim and not remember that they have the limited plan instead of the major med. I just don't want to be put in that position even if I've done my due diligence and told them everything. I think we all know that sometimes clients don't remember or misunderstand things after a few months have passed. I'd rather walk away from a client than have someone call me and say, "But I thought you said......" There's more to life than commission.

I worked with United American as a captive agent in Tulsa,Oklahoma (which is one of the most corupt branches in the country) for a few months when I was just starting out in insurance and I must say that I've never been around a more manipulative group of people in my life. They had very little training, they promised you the world, and then when the crap hits the fan, they down right abandoned you. At one point I actually heard my unit manager call in and act like he was a 60 year old client. He had found out through one of his agents that this 60 year old man had a UA policy and was paying about $1000.00 a month. (this man was completely healthy) Well he decided that he wanted to sell this man a policy, so he called in to the home office acting like he was this client and cancelled the clients policy. This proves further that these people are clueless about not just insurance, but about their own company as well. If this manager had a clue he would know that UA doesn't allow you to switch policies like that.... you have to be off of their policy for like 60 days before you can come on to a new one.. I'm not saying that UA doesn't have a place sometimes (they do have a new Gap plan) but all in all some of these branches are acting like they have a mm product.

The guy with the heart attack was a UA agent and he was definitely insurable before the heart attack. He thought it was much better coverage than what it turned out to be. I guess I don't understand how the 80/20 works. It was like 90/10 with the policy holder paying the 90%.

Just my 2 cents. I think if you're offering major medical and then for whatever reason a client goes with the UA product somewhere down the line a client is going to have a claim and not remember that they have the limited plan instead of the major med. I just don't want to be put in that position even if I've done my due diligence and told them everything. I think we all know that sometimes clients don't remember or misunderstand things after a few months have passed. I'd rather walk away from a client than have someone call me and say, "But I thought you said......" There's more to life than commission.

That shows you how smart the UA agents are. Serves him right.

It's 80/20 allright except that THEY have a max out of pocket, not the insured.
:cool:

I agree, anytime you go with a limited benefit policy you will have a daily max.... with UA there is a 50k flexguard which has a $2000 daily max/ the 75k flexguard is like $3000/ and the $100k flexguard carries a $4000 daily max..

With that being said, alot of these UA agents are telling the client about the 50k 75k and 100k limits, but they fail to mention the fact that if you are admitted into the ICU and you ring a large bill in a few days time, UA is only going to pay that daily max... and when your client rings up a 200,000 bill...... UA will gratiously fork out about $20,000 because you were in the hospital for five days and thats their DAILY MAXIMUM pay out. I'm sure I don't have to tell you guys that this happens all the time.....and UA can't get in any trouble because all of this is mentioned right there in the "outline of coverage" which the client might or might not ever see.

I worked with United American as a captive agent in Tulsa,Oklahoma (which is one of the most corupt branches in the country)

Funny you mentioned Tulsa being the most corrupt. In the few short (and unfortunate) months that I spent at UA, Tulsa was also put up on a pedestal as being 'the branch to be' and stuff.

I would beg to differ, however, the branch that I was at is actually the most corrupt (Austin, TX). ;)

It's still a mystery to me how such an outfit (and its family of criminals) can stay in business. I guess that have a helluva legal department...

That says it right there Susie. You'd rather walk away....
You're not a salesperson. If you worked for me I'd fire you.
Remember that you're selling IND coverage. These people will never be satisfied, even with the best MM. You do the best job you can, be honest, and NEVER leave $ on the table.

IBG, just my little opinion here, but you're the type of agent/agency that gives the rest of us a bad name. A sale at any cost of any crappy product that sucks monkey nuts is not a sale made in good conscience. There are WAY better and cheaper alternatives to this garbage that UA sells, plus when you sell UA, you're supporting a corrupt network of companies and those of us with ethics do not do.

I wouldn't walk away, I'd place them with a carrier that's respectable and if I couldn't do that, I'd take them to the risk pool. I refuse, no matter the circumstances, to support the thieves and liars that run UA/Torchmark.

Of course, this is my opinion...your mileage may (or may not) vary. It just so happens that my opinion is the right one.

Back