United American

Here in Oklahoma we have a high risk pool, and with a decent size deductible, it is actually quite a bit cheaper than a UA flexguard or CS1 plan..... I hope that someone is not so hard up for a sale that they ignore a clients needs and put them with UA..

I don't really know.... they market my area pretty heavily, and I probably recieve a phone call every few months from a green agent trying to sell me a flexguard policy... :no:

IBG, just my little opinion here, but you're the type of agent/agency that gives the rest of us a bad name. A sale at any cost of any crappy product that sucks monkey nuts is not a sale made in good conscience. There are WAY better and cheaper alternatives to this garbage that UA sells, plus when you sell UA, you're supporting a corrupt network of companies and those of us with ethics do not do.

I wouldn't walk away, I'd place them with a carrier that's respectable and if I couldn't do that, I'd take them to the risk pool. I refuse, no matter the circumstances, to support the thieves and liars that run UA/Torchmark.

Of course, this is my opinion...your mileage may (or may not) vary. It just so happens that my opinion is the right one.

Geddy Lee,

WE DONT HAVE A RISK POOL IN FLORIDA!! Your opinion is the right one, it's your opinion for God's sake!

I agree with you...in states that have high risk pools UA is no solution whatsoever.

QUOTE from:

InsuranceBenefitsGroup

That says it right there Susie. You'd rather walk away....
You're not a salesperson. If you worked for me I'd fire you.
Remember that you're selling IND coverage. These people will never be satisfied, even with the best MM. You do the best job you can, be honest, and NEVER leave $ on the table.

-------------------------------

IMHO

Anyone who talks / writes like that above discredits every insurance policy his Company sells.

I accepted an interview with UA . Glad I saved my time looking here.

Thanks for putting your address, name ,etc. all over the place iin thread.

Maybe your state will find an easy target in you. They don't need to leave any "money" on the table either do they?

InsuranceBenefitsGroup said:
That says it right there Susie. You'd rather walk away....
You're not a salesperson. If you worked for me I'd fire you.
Remember that you're selling IND coverage. These people will never be satisfied, even with the best MM. You do the best job you can, be honest, and NEVER leave $ on the table.

Wow, IBG, you're proud to declare you're a "salesperson" and not an insurance agent? There's a huge difference! If I worked for you and was trained to "sell" insurance instead of "present" it (another BIG difference), I'd probably have to report you to the insurance commission. We've all heard the horror stories of how someone was "sold" insurance, and it's the very claim that insurance is "sold", not "bought" that gives every insurance agent a horrible reputation.

Never leave $ on the table? HA! People are satisfied when they receive quality insurance protection, not a scheduled health insurance plan that leaves them holding a six-figure medical bill. It's not the agent leaving money on the table, it's United American leaving money on the table after they pay their claim. Be honest with yourself. You aren't fooling anyone who is familiar with their products (count me as one who is familiar with UA).

IMHO

Anyone who talks / writes like that above discredits every insurance policy his Company sells.

I accepted an interview with UA . Glad I saved my time looking here.

Thanks for putting your address, name ,etc. all over the place iin thread.

Maybe your state will find an easy target in you. They don't need to leave any "money" on the table either do they?

Don't leave money on the table? UA's Flex leaves plenty of money on the table, even with Partners. Slim is right. The problem is that it's a "sale" to insurance agents, and it's more competitive when insurance companies put new agents on strictly commissions when starting out. Then you see Andy King get all red in the face when he hears someone tried to replace M.M. with a Flex...

It's a new agent. What the hell does he expect, grace and consistency? Especially with the way they recruit... my GOD!

Very happy I decided to leave them and go teach myself about insurance. That's the only real way people learn nowadays anyway.

Last edited:
For some reason when I finished my one hour response to the attack here , my words disappeared when I tried to preview. That is disgusting.

However , InsuranceGuru 's misunderstanding is more disgusting.

Check yourself InsuranceGuru. Investigate briefly and you will probably see you must be confused . Maybe you posted in haste. I believe you owe me an apology.

If you attack me please make your grievance clear so I can address if necessary. Hopefully it will be there for you to read.

Thank You,

Slim

You two been drinkin' in Lynchburg all afternoon? First of all, this thread is old. Secondly, you've both taken this out of context.

UA is an option in states like FL where there is no high risk pool.

"Susie" said she'd walk away from a client that doesn't qualify for MM before she'd sell UA. In FL, that makes no sense. Yes, I'd fire her.

2112Greg, the big righteous Rush fan, took this out of context as well....back in May. He'd "put them in a carrier that's respectable or take them to the high risk pool" Really Greg, you gonna take'em to what better carrier and what high risk pool in FL???

We put people with UA that have Type 1 diabetes, heart attack, stroke...all kinds of stuff that no MM company will touch.

AGAIN, THERE IS NO HIGH RISK POOL IN FLORIDA!!!!!!!

United American is the worst company you can ever sell for, in a nutshell, recruit new ignorant agents and blow them up on a dream. The ones that never read the policy and that are ill informed continue to sell and make there managers money. Once they are promoted and still don't understand what the hell they are doing, train more!! Everyone is either blind, no ethics or overwhelmed with money they are making, but 3 months later it's all charged back. Lies are common from everyone. Just wait guys they have come out with a co-pay plan now and a new policy called the Flex3 to cover up the crappy policy...best part is..it costs as much as a MM. Just screwing people over day by day!

United American is the worst company you can ever sell for, in a nutshell, recruit new ignorant agents and blow them up on a dream. The ones that never read the policy and that are ill informed continue to sell and make there managers money. Once they are promoted and still don't understand what the hell they are doing, train more!! Everyone is either blind, no ethics or overwhelmed with money they are making, but 3 months later it's all charged back. Lies are common from everyone. Just wait guys they have come out with a co-pay plan now and a new policy called the Flex3 to cover up the crappy policy...best part is..it costs as much as a MM. Just screwing people over day by day!

Good point, however I have GA contract with UA, I do not run a branch -BIG DIFFERENCE! There are two separate, distinct channels. What you mentioned is right on about the UA Branch channel, not the GA channel.

Let me be very clear: UA is a last resort for folks here in FL that do not qualify for MM. We do not, I repeat, do not have a high risk pool in FL. If we had one we'd put our clients there. We use these niche products for MM uninsurable clients only.

Back