United American?

United American called me the other day and want to set up an enterview for later this week. Anyone have any info on them? I've never heard of them so any input would be great.

Last edited:
If you do interview (same as enter view, but correct) and you get sucked in, pray your clients remain extremely healthy and they keep paying the premiums. I think that's the standard prayer of UA reps.

But really, when they come calling, it's better to show them your "exit view" and walk away quickly. You will sleep better at night.

If you do interview (same as enter view, but correct) and you get sucked in, pray your clients remain extremely healthy and they keep paying the premiums. I think that's the standard prayer of UA reps.

But really, when they come calling, it's better to show them your "exit view" and walk away quickly. You will sleep better at night.

Actually, I am sure a lot of agents do not realize how bad the UA plans are since they are brand new agents just getting into the biz. :no:

Actually, I am sure a lot of agents do not realize how bad the UA plans are since they are brand new agents just getting into the biz. :no:

So what happened to UA...?

I have had a lull in my ins biz activity for about 20 yrs... but back in the day, they were really tough on Sr. products. Verry competitive and hard to beat for both client and agent.

I guess things change over time.

I have had a lull in my ins biz activity for about 20 yrs... but back in the day, they were really tough on Sr. products. Verry competitive and hard to beat for both client and agent.

Things have definetly changed. I believe ity is around $160 per month for a plan B for a 65 yr old female. Thats about $80 per month than Admirals plan F.

But of course, UA is A+++++++++ rated and NO ONE can beat there service or claims paying ability. Oh and they are issue age so they don't get the increases the other companies do.

DISCLAIMER: THE LAST PARAGRAPH IS COMPLETE BULL DUNG

Up until around 1998 they were among the top companies for Med Supp policies. Their underwriters did not keep up with the times and they never made any changes in the health questions on their apps.

Their health questions consisted of "are you still breathing". (Note quite that bad.) In the late 90's they started getting bombarded with claims, lots of them. We all know that claims drive premiums and they drove UA out of being competitive in the supplement market.

Their customer service was great and they took extremely good care of their agents. They did a lot of TV advertising and provided free leads to their agents, as many as they could run.

When they lost their competitive edge in the supplement market the only thing they had to fall back on was their "under age market". Sadly that is when they started going backward.

I don't understand why they haven't moved forward and expanded the coverage they offer.

Back